Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I've actually got tons of questions about this game (which I love anyway) as I learn it, but this one I need to know before proceeding:

In the enemy event about displaced leaders, when it says to remove US leaders on cards with no troops, does that include cards in the staging area?

The rest I'll organize a bit before posting.

Thanks,

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
Hi,

I've actually got tons of questions about this game (which I love anyway) as I learn it, but this one I need to know before proceeding:

In the enemy event about displaced leaders, when it says to remove US leaders on cards with no troops, does that include cards in the staging area?

Thanks,

Chris

NO!

As far as I understand the rules: in general units in the staging area are not affected by events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
teufen wrote:
fatgreta wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,

Chris

NO!

As far as I understand the rules: in general units in the staging area are not affected by events.

Three minutes!?!? Outstanding response time! Thanks! (And thank God that's the answer).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dorrell
England
Darwen
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
..... In the enemy event about displaced leaders, when it says to remove US leaders on cards with no troops, does that include cards in the staging area? ....

Unless we're talking about different things I think you may have the wrong end of the stick?

Are you referring to Enemy Event:-

3/10 Displace Leaders: Remove any leaders on cards with no US troops

I take this to mean remove enemy leaders as this is the enemy event section. I can't believe it means remove PLT HQs, CO XO etc etc. - that would be horrendous! But you must be thinking that if you're concerned about the staging area.

Having said that, as with all matters relating to FoF I'm prepared to be proved wrong!

I wonder if we can keep this thread limited to the "Chris" club

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris Dorrell wrote:
fatgreta wrote:
..... In the enemy event about displaced leaders, when it says to remove US leaders on cards with no troops, does that include cards in the staging area? ....

Unless we're talking about different things I think you may have the wrong end of the stick?

Are you referring to Enemy Event:-

3/10 Displace Leaders: Remove any leaders on cards with no US troops

I take this to mean remove enemy leaders as this is the enemy event section. I can't believe it means remove PLT HQs, CO XO etc etc. - that would be horrendous! But you must be thinking that if you're concerned about the staging area.

Having said that, as with all matters relating to FoF I'm prepared to be proved wrong!

I wonder if we can keep this thread limited to the "Chris" club

Chris

That's an interesting interpretation. I've only just begun, but it seemed the other way to me. And yes, it would be horrendous. To be honest, I didn't know there were enemy leaders in the game. Maybe that's the problem, lack of knowledge of the rule? Nah, couldn't be...

And I don't mean to complain about the game, I like it a lot so far.

However many Chris's there are playing FoF, that's probably how big this club will be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.