United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Jigsaw
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

I've uploaded some clarifications and errata in the Files section that you can take a look at. I've included them inline here as well:

Map Error

There should be a fort called “Vesontio” in the Sequani area. It provides 1 supply point as per 6.6.

Older versions of this document called it “Bibracte” but I decided to change it to be more historically (and geographically) accurate.

The Sequani card should also have a picture of a fort with the word “Vesontio” on it.

5.2.1 (E) – Before the paragraph starting with “Roman Legion Force March” add the following:

“Gallic and German units may not enter the Roman off-map area.”

6.2.2 – After “All returning legions are considered a single group, and are considered the attackers.” add the following:

“Gallic and German units eliminated in battle return home as per 6.2.1 and 6.2.5, respectively, at the end of the battle.”

6.2.5 – Change the first two sentences to:

“German units that were eliminated return to Germania at strength 1. German units (only) may remain with the Ariovistus unit outside of Germania up to the supply limit of the area. All other German units return home at their current strength.”

7.4– After “Minor leaders may never be controlled by the Roman player.” add the following:

“Minor leaders are eliminated if their designated home area switches sides because of a political action, or reverts to neutral status because of a revolt.”

7.4– The sentence “Although minor leaders have been given names for historical flavor, they are not permanently eliminated from the game if eliminated in battle.” Remove the words “in battle”.

8.0 – Add the following to “The Roman Player Scores”:

“A maximum of 3 victory points can be scored for killing German non-leader units.”

Add optional rule 9.75, Germanic Mobilization:

Eliminated German units return at full strength instead of strength 1.

[Update: added map error]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Friedmann
United States
Reading
MASSACHUSETTS
flag msg tools
I have a question on Rule 5.2. It states "...announces which action they are taking...". Does this mean they have to say what type of action they are taking (such as political action or movement OPs) or does the player need to specific the exact action (such as, I will move Unit X to Area Y)? I've interpreted as the former.

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Jigsaw
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy Friedmann wrote:
I have a question on Rule 5.2. It states "...announces which action they are taking...". Does this mean they have to say what type of action they are taking (such as political action or movement OPs) or does the player need to specific the exact action (such as, I will move Unit X to Area Y)? I've interpreted as the former.

You've interpreted correctly. I suppose it should say, "which type of action they are taking...". If nothing else, the example of play makes it clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Friedmann
United States
Reading
MASSACHUSETTS
flag msg tools
Ah yes, the example. Might help if I read those ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Jigsaw
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I suppose it should say, "which type of action they are taking...". If nothing else, the example of play makes it clear.

Actually, scrap that. It's entirely clear in the rulebook in 5.2: "There are 5 possible actions...".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can/will Worthington games make up a 'patch' that players can print and stick on the map with the Bibracte fortress on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
da pyrate wrote:
Can/will Worthington games make up a 'patch' that players can print and stick on the map with the Bibracte fortress on it.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/98992/sequani-stickers

It's incorporated in the Vassal module, also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.