Popular Tags: [View All]
0,07 Geek Gold
Italy
flag msg tools
Vendo tutta la collezione, clicca sul mio profilo per prezzi e disponibilità
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
are the maps mounted or just the same as thin paper which came with the bag?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
I sure hope so. The website says "Paneled" so I would guess yes.

The Memoir '44 Breakthrough Expansion will take you deep into the battles of World War II with two, double-sided, 9-panel board maps covering all four Memoir '44 map environments - countryside, beach, winter and deserts These oversize boards stretch the limit of current printing technology and are 13 x 17 hexes deep, opening up the Breakthrough format to new, more expansive scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they are mounted on cardboard just like the base game boards. Otherwise there would be no need for them to be 9-panel boards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They will be mounted. But it seems to me that they have run out of ideas regarding new expansions for Memoir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
They will be mounted. But it seems to me that they have run out of ideas regarding new expansions for Memoir.

Seems that you don't agree with a large number of fans who have been asking for Breakthrough maps ever since the Campaign Bag came out. I think Richard (and DoW) probably still have lots of ideas for expansions...but I for one am happy to have them build on elements of Memoir '44 that are already fun! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:

I don't think this is true.

I think there are still plenty of ways to expand the M'44 system.
The Combat deck was a good start.
I imagine more special units will be introduced, half tracks with infantry.

I would like to see more tiles to add sea hexes, special buildings and objectives.

I am likely in the minority... but I would like to see the air rules be revamped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Its quite amazing how the product has developed. I was really surprised by tigers, and I was surprised again by Stalingrad. With such a deep playing field now, larger scenarios can be done.
With DOW open support from its users and allowing their content to enhance the game I cant see Memoir going away anytime soon. Probably the biggest enjoyment for me was the overlord scenarios. Now maybe we will have overlord breakthroughs :) The game is so modular you can do anything you want easily, and share it with others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:

I think they did a brilliant thing to include all 4 terrains in this pack. I thought they would release the 4 breakthrough maps as two separate expansions, so I think it is a good idea.

Regarding new ideas, there is still some unit types that hasn't been released, since the Unit card number has a hole in them. Unit 17 - 19 I think.

And there are tons of new stuff that can be released, Stukas, Halftracks, Heavy machine guns, new tank types, etc.

And they can put out miniatures for several of these ideas also, French ressitance figures, new planes, snipers, cavalry, halftracks etc.

But one idea I'd like to see would be something like the battlepacks for Combat Commander.

Like Stalingrad. Several scenarios in normal, breakthrough and overlord format. Maybe a campaign to link some of them. New terrain tiles, Katyusha rockets, More Combat cards, some special rules and some miniatures like sniper figures, Stukas, etc.

You also have Market garden, Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal, Anzio, Etc, that could be treated that way.

Stig Morten
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
0,07 Geek Gold
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... could be great to see a system to play the whole world war II from 1939 to 1945. Not only campaigns.... Ok, not an easy task to develop, but worth every penny

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm delighted to see this. I get to talk with Richard Borg and Pat Kurivial sometimes at HMGS-East cons and they've patiently listened to me beg for wider and especially deeper boards for years.

Now, armor can really PENETRATE, and there won't be so many hits taken by units starting on the baseline before they have room to retreat.

I know there are halftrack minis out there, because some time ago someone posted on BGG that they had received a blister of halftracks (?!) instead of trucks in the expansion that was supposed to feature trucks (was it "Hedgerow Hell"? I forget).

So that accounts for one of those unit types.

I also heard a rumor--not saying this came from Richard or Pat--about a Recon/Armored Cav unit type. I've played some home-brewed scenarios using armored-car type units--combat value/range 2/2/2, move on any appropriate sector card plus can move on a Recon card using the "Behind Enemy Lines" special capability. They're huge fun this way.

My dream is for a Pacific island assault game with Tarawa (Betio) on one side and Pelelieu on the other (pre-printed terrain), adding Amtracs as supplemental pieces to get the Marines ashore.

Amtracs can move one or two in water or on land (only one in wooded/jungle), have no intrinsic combat value but take the first hit on a unit being transported in them. This causes the Amtrac to be removed and the Marines being ferried inside to "spill" into the space where the Amtrac was hit. From there, they operate in the standard Infantry fashion. This requires only one Amtrac piece per Infantry/Marine unit.

Again, I'm really happy to see this announced. Also relieved to hear the board is mounted--it had not occurred to me that it might not be. That's a relief!

I would also love to see the M'44 system expanded into Korea, Indochina, the Middle East and modern settings. Combining existing rules and terrain--rules for things such as Snipers, Resistance fighters and Engineers--make for pretty good Vietnam games (run the VC like French Resistance--elusive devils!) and I really would love to see Middle-East tank battles with hordes of T-55s and T-62s taking on Israeli Centurions, etc.

There is ample subject matter beyond WW II that this system could be adapted to cover, with or without a new period-specific card deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, deeper boards are most welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Pehl
Germany
Daubach
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:

Honestly this is the first memoir expansion, after a long time, that sounds interessting to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
Germany
flag msg tools
Move along, move along...
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite a bit of time has passed since the last post on this thread. I would like ot confirm again, are the boards in fact mounted or not. Lokkking at some of the pictures on BGG, it seems they are not... any confirmation? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
badge
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
mbmbmbmbmb
Two mounted boards, one beach/grass one winter/desert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tako wrote:
Quite a bit of time has passed since the last post on this thread. I would like ot confirm again, are the boards in fact mounted or not. Lokkking at some of the pictures on BGG, it seems they are not... any confirmation? Thanks!

Definitely mounted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Firmly mounted
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
Germany
flag msg tools
Move along, move along...
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks! It seems that some of the pics here are from different expansions then..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.