4 Posts

Cosmic Encounter» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cosmic Encounter Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Szem

Arizona
msg tools
So we are pretty new at the awesome Cosmic Encounter and we were unable to clarify something in the rules....

One of the players had the character Cudgel who has the power to smash an opponent when Cudgel is a main player. He was being invaded by another player and an ally. He won the invasion. The question is is his "opponent" only the main player who tried to invade him or the ally as well? Thanks for you input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hallstrom
United States
Jackson
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In general in Cosmic Encounter if the allies gain or lose anything different than the basic ally bonus/penalty the cards will explicitly say so. We have always played that the two main players are opponents. Realizing that Cosmic has more house rules than many other games I know (though this edition tries to correct the need for that). The problem is that the rule book doesn't use the word 'opponent' in describing an encounter (uses main players, main attacker, main defender, attacking ally and defending ally). So I don't see where the rule book answers this question.
I recommend deciding on a definition for 'opponent' and sticking with it. And that would be right for your house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Wynn
United States
Cartersville
Georgia
flag msg tools
I love Nintendo as well!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally, as Craig said, it is only the main player not ally's who will be affected unless a card says otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
ADMIN NOTE: Moved to Cosmic Encounter Rules Forum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.