Thumb up
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: - rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
Wednesday 17.09.03

Finally got some gaming in here in my new digs in Grand Rapids. Since Scott has moved off to Anchorage and I've moved up here our gaming group has been severely disrupted, it's much harder to get people together.

Thankfully, tonight Hans, Nancy, and myself were able to get a couple of games in.

We started with Taj Mahal for the second time ever, and our first with 3. I like the game much better this way, as you have a significant amount of control and possible strategy options that are shut down in the 5 player game.

I managed to eke out a 1 point win from longest term control of the special cards, particularly the Princess and several province wins while Hans was very close by chaining exceptionally and also racking up Princess points when I didn't have it.

Still not prepared to rank the game higher than 8, but I'll certainly bring it out again!

Secondly we played a game of PR. Early game income was slow, as always, but i was able to get a tobacco monopoly early which led to a double trade, and plenty of cash. Said cash was then parlayed into a Wharf to complement my growing Indigo crop, which by midgame was at the 4 maximum. The Wharf also let me have the 6 slot boat jammed up for most of the game, hampering the shipping of both Hans and Nancy long enough to give me a serious advantage.

Hans was very diverse though, and had set himself up with Small & Large Market, an Office, and the coffee roaster, making trades worth 8 (!) to offset my shipping advantage.

Game came down to a late double craft that I was able to ship all of with the aid of my Wharf, but on the last round everything ran out (VP's, Colonists, and buildings) indicating how crazy things were getting by that point!

Final tally:
Michael - 69 (shipping w/ Wharf)
Hans - 65 (diverse, toward build)
Nancy - 50 (not very defined strat)
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.