Hank Panethiere
United States
Kirkwood
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state:

The player with the largest offer wins the properties...no questions here.

The score is dependent upon the property adjacent to it...So if a Mansion is adjacent to a trailer for example, the Mansion scores one point and the trailer scores 6 for a total of 6+1=7 points, correct?

If you win a property with two mansions you get 6+6=12 points right?

Just making sure we're scoring correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason William
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for question. With this being my first game and my first attempt at writing rules, I knew that there would be some things that weren't as clear as they should have been.

Scoring goes as follows using the scenarios you posed:

(1) If a mansion is adjacent to a trailer (the mansion is facing you and the trailer is facing your opponent) and you outbid your opponent, then you score for that pair of adjacent properties. Unfortunately, since you just bought a mansion that was adjacent to a trailer, you score 6 points.

If your opponent outbid you, then they score for that pair of adjacent properties. Good news for your opponent, their trashy trailer was next to a beautiful mansion, so they sore 6 points.

The numbers indicate the amount each pair of properties are worth based upon every combination of adjacent properties.

(2) If a mansion is adjacent to a mansion (the best possible scenario), whoever wins that property pair scores 10 points.

In summary...if you outbid your opponent for a pair of adjacent properties, you score the points indicated on the card based upon how the properties are paired up.

If you outbid your opponent on a pair of properties and the property facing you was a mansion then...

Mansion facing you adjacent to a Mansion facing an opponent scores 10 points.

Mansion facing you adjacent to a Ranch facing an opponent scores 8 points.

Mansion facing you adjacent to a Trailer facing an opponent scores 6 points.

Mansion facing you adjacent to a Cardboard Box facing an opponent scores 4 points.

Thank you again for your question and please let me know if my explanation helped clear things up or just totally confused you even more.

Thanks again.

Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Panethiere
United States
Kirkwood
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So in you score only for the card facing you based upon the other card...you don't actually "acquire both cards" you just score for the card on your side?

If that's correct as I understand it then were good!

Thanks for help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason William
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct.

You don't actually acquire both cards...you just score the points on the card facing you and the points is dependent upon the card facing your opponent.

Any other questions please feel free to ask.

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.