Ben Friedberg
United States
Warsaw
IN
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The fact that SJG decided to go with a text-based bidding board is a crying shame imho. This is an incredibly straightforward bidding game that I think I could teach to a competent five year old if there weren't any text to read. Not to mention the possibility for cool cartoon portraits of the characters in question. I'm gonna make that sucker my mission in life tonight to see if I can get something workable. It'll be my first file!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedberg
United States
Warsaw
IN
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
75% done with the basic board and now I see that the german production is gonna have something similar. See, I knew I wasn't crazy!. Well, I'm a-gonna finish mine in the next couple of days and mod-podge it onto the back of the current boards until I can get a scan of the nice new one from the new version. No room for cartoons on mine, but that's probably just as well as I couldn't draw my way out of a wet moleskin notebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedberg
United States
Warsaw
IN
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Submitted v0.1 for approval. Any admins reading this thread? ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As it is, the text is pretty sparse. And necessary. If you don't put it on the bidding board, where are you going to put it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedberg
United States
Warsaw
IN
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I moved away from the no-text thing, but more towards a graphical approach... I used graphics from a scanned manual so that they maintained a more consistent look and theme. It's not pretty, but it's a start (and makes it so that you don't have to be able to read to play).

Here's a link to the file page for v0.1:

Graphical bidding board

This is what it looks like:

(edited to link to approved file and image pages on BGG)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedberg
United States
Warsaw
IN
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
D'oh, innkeeper had the wrong point value. updated and submitted v 0.2:

Added some more chrome as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually not happy with the German bidding board because it looks way too busy contrary to the German gameboard, which looks awesome. I might remodel your no-text board to make it fitt with the German graphics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.