Thumb up
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: - rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
Saturday 27.09.03

Visited with my parents for the day, and after eating some tasty pasty goodness I convinced them to give the Settlers of Catan a go for the first time, an easy sell on my Mum, who's played and enjoyed Carcassonne: H&G as well as Big City with me, but harder for my Da, who had been intimidated by the complex looking nature of the games.

We used the beginner set-up, and things seemed to run relatively smoothly. I was trying to help both of them, particulary my Da out, and trading was very amicable as a result.

Final tally, I end up winning due to the ability to buy a ton of Development cards, which I managed to get 3 VPs with, and enough Soldier cards to get the biggest army bonus.

Mum was quite close though at 8 and only one road segment away from stealing the longest road title from my Da and winning on her next turn!

Da was also sitting up there, and had the full 5 settlements out with a city and was starting to produce on almost every roll possible.

Overall the reaction was very favourable, particularly from my Da, which is good since he was the one I was trying to sell the whole German gaming concept on. With any luck we'll have more gaming next time I visit.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.