United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I've set up a page on our website for The Battle for Normandy files & downloads.

It is at: http://ddhgames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Hon
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great resources... curious you have an Optional HQ Counters file but I don't see any difference from the original countersheet. What am I missing?

It is great to see a vassal campaign scenario posted on DDH site by Joel Toppen to save setup time, but when the Allies conducts the final recon flight on D-1, they discover 43 of the 58 static artillery at start are replaced by the dreaded 240mm Theodor Bruno Kanone Railroad Guns (RR K558)!!!

Ike abruptly called off the invasion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

That's odd - I would contact Joel and ask what's up.

A lot of people are playing that one, and no one has mentioned any issues like that yet.

The optional set of HQ counters have a white outline on the front, and red outline on the back.

It makes them a bit easier to spot on the map when you're trying to trace your supply. The Red flipped side is a helpful Motorization reminder.

I considered making the standard ones this way, before the game came out - but realized that some German players may want to keep their HQs a bit hidden, and not easily spotted. Say, by Allied air..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Hon
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess most players are excited to replicate / surpass the opening scenes of Saving Private Ryan in terms of carnage (expect red beaches in upcoming AARs)

Haha, camouflage to counter armed recon ninja

Next, Rommel picks up a few lines in French whistle

Trivia, what RR K558 stands for? I note the guns are assigned to Battery 722 unit defending Cherbourg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

That unit represents the rail guns

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Hon
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update from Joel re module?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Sebastion,

It's a problem unique to you so I think you will need to contact him to try to resolve it.

I'm far from an expert and am actually only barely proficient in playing a game on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I have also send Joel a note. If I hear back first I'll post it here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Hon
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reinstall Vassal and TBfN module from GMT and DDH sites and I still get railway guns all over the maps... maybe I am destined to be Rommel yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.