Popular Tags: [View All]
Giannis Sofianopoulos
Greece
Agios Dimitrios
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Small Wolrd is still fresh in my collection, and have only managed to play just two 2-player games so far.
But hoping to change that in the near future!
So every combination that comes up seems very interesting - funny - weird!

Anyway to the game, the play started with:

Hill Dwarves
Dragon Master Skeletons
Swamp Ratmen
Berserk Halfings
Bivouacking Amazons
Commando Trolls

So my wife went first to choose the Swamp Ratmen, in order to expand as far as she could, as their strength lies in numbers after all. And so she did, by occupying 6 regions (two of them where swamps) coming up from the south, scoring 8 VPs in her first turn.

The next race that came up where the Diplomat Ghouls. I chose the Dragon Master Skeletons (hoping that I’ll manage to pick up the Berserk Halfings in the following turns)leaving room for the Stout Wizards. My Skeletons appeared from NW, so that I could drive out of several regions the disease spreading Ratmen, who on round 2 collected 11 VPs with 9 regions (and two swamps). So my turn and the whole 2nd round went on with epic battles between Skeletons and Ratmen. With the Skeletons being victorious forcing my wife’s Ratmen to go in decline in round 3, and scavaging free for that round.

My wife’s next choice (round 4) where the Berserk Halfings (Damn!) which spread like an infection all over the map, first appearing from the hill just west of the lake in the middle. After 3 rounds of battles, and a very good use of my Dragon, my wife had no choice but to go again in decline.

So in 8th round, the Bivouacking Amazons came into play and created real havoc. I fled for my life, leaving my Skeletons in decline and choosing the Hill Dwarves, so that I could nick the VPs placed on them and maybe manage some extra VPs in the final round, since I would be off for round 9. The Underground Humans where the last race at the bottom (don't rember the other).

Keeping the skeletons for such a long time, even though they had done a very good job one the map, turned out to be a huge mistake, since the Amazons roamed free for rounds 9 and 10. And when my Dwarves came to play could do much, and only settled with 2 regions that they could set foot on the NW.

So the final score was 78 points for both, but the map was full of Amazons so it was quite clear on who the winner was.

Damn, if only I had gotten those Halfings sooner! Can’t wait to play again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait a minute, let me get this straight. Your wife wins, which according to the title of this post, counts as a draw? wow

How very generous of you, I can almost imagine the end of the game when you realised she had won, "You played very well, dear. Shall we call it a draw?" whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giannis Sofianopoulos
Greece
Agios Dimitrios
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Ok, maybe it wasn't a draw in the end. But we had the same amount of VPs.
Considering that in our first game the final score was me:72 - wife:87-something soblue

I'm happy to count this one as a draw, provided she doesn't read it! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dufour
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a small question. Why did you started with only 5 races when you should have 6 available at all time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giannis Sofianopoulos
Greece
Agios Dimitrios
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Kwaine wrote:
Just a small question. Why did you started with only 5 races when you should have 6 available at all time?

Ooops, got me there! I should keep more detailed notes for future session reports.
The 6th race at the start where the Commando Trolls. But I don't remember the very last race that came up after the Humans, it didn't matter much at that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Boyen
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GiannisS wrote:
So my wife went first to choose the Swamp Ratmen, in order to expand as far as she could, as their strength lies in numbers after all. And so she did, by occupying 8 regions (three of them where swamps) coming up from the south, scoring 11 VPs in her first turn.

I'm wondering how you can conquer 8 regions on the first turn, if you need at least 2 creatures per region, and only have 12 creatures available. With a bit of luck with the die, I can see someone getting 6 with ratmen on the first turn, but 8 just seems too much (without berserk)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dufour
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem. The 6th race doesn't really matter in your review anyway. I just wanted to be sure that you knew that you choose between 6 races. It could have explained why you still haven't beat your wife yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giannis Sofianopoulos
Greece
Agios Dimitrios
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Karian wrote:

I'm wondering how you can conquer 8 regions on the first turn, if you need at least 2 creatures per region, and only have 12 creatures available. With a bit of luck with the die, I can see someone getting 6 with ratmen on the first turn, but 8 just seems too much (without berserk)

Once again I stand corrected, on the first round she conquered 5 regions, but the 11 VPs she got hurt so much that by mistake I wrote it down as a result of her first move. To clear things more she had 9 regions and 2 swamps, in round 2. I corrected it, thanks for noticing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.