Subject: Make mine Marvel! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First let me apolgize: I've never played Stratego. AAIIEE!!

Second, I'm a huge Marvel fan- however, I'm extremely disappointed to see the Marvel Stratego is missing from US toy shelves. It's Marvel. It's Stratego. It should exist. Sigh...how they can get away with Sponge Bob Monopoly..?? shake

I took up the challenge to create my own Marvel Stratego instead. Using the fire and ice version that I purchased for a mere $9 at a local thrift store, I quickly got to work.

I translated characters from the original version into my Marvel version... For example, the 'dragon' for Marvel is now Professor X and Doctor Doom and named 'mastermind'. The slayer's are the Punisher and Bulleye and so on and so on. I matched up the sticker sheet to my Marvel choices and glued them to the castle walls. I also added stickers to the board above each of the characters special abilities.

I love how this turned out and can't wait to play for the first time tonight. I'll upload the files here as well in case you're like me and too antsy for the real version to be released. 'Nuff said.

Jeff B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll work on getting them uploaded later this weekend. DC vs. Marvel? Now there's an idea...interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Images uploaded..pending approval that is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pictures approved!

There's stickers for the board and stickers for the blue and red pawns.
Here's a quick translation of the fire and ice to the custom marvel pieces:

Scout= Spy
Dwarf= Strategist
Elf= Sharp Shooter
Lava Beast/Yeti= Monster
Sorceress= Sorcerer
Beast Rider= Mutant
Knight= Soldier
Mage= Cosmic
Dragon= Mastermind
Slayer= Assassin

The flag and trap sticker remain the same as in the original game.

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Creed
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Now for the dc version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.