Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just curious what you use for the backs of the components (like the system tiles, the ships, etc). In the pictures, you have very colorful backs and I like that, and I was curious what you used. It looks thicker than just normal cardstock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
2mm Sticky Foam. You can buy a pack of multi-color sheets for about 6 dollars at Walmart, found in the craft section. They are sticky on one side (with very good adhesive btw), so you can just stick a unit pool sheet on it, cut it and it's done.
This way, it's easier to tell player colors and unit types (if you cut each unit as a different shape, so to speak).
The only problem is, they're much lighter than chip board, so they fly away if you breathe very heavily near the game, but it's never posed a problem for me.

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, I'll give that a try then I've wanted to try this out, and hopefully I'll get to soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too!
although, I am in the process of streamlining the combat, hopefully making it a bit quicker/easier to get somewhere. A main downfall imo is that you play for a good hour or two, and you only take over 1 or 2 enemy Systems, then the game is over. I'm thinking of doing a Axis and Allies sort of combat mechanic, but still not sure.
If you do play, let me know what you though. Thanks for the interest! ^_^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.