Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
After waffling over whether or not to spring for this DTP game for a long time, I finally decided to plop down my hard earned $15 to download the PDF version. Since this game has been available for 5 years, I figured that the errata that I have seen in several threads here and at Consimworld would have been addressed long ago. I was wrong. The rules and game components still have the same errors that have never been corrected. How hard can it be to correct and re-upload the PDF file so that folks can download a corrected version? It definitely gives the impression that DVG just doesn't care about supporting this product.

Yeah, it's only $15 and the errata does not render the game unplayable, but I feel like I bought a playtest copy and not a finished product. Caveat emptor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Defevers
United States
Fort Thomas
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:
How hard can it be to correct and re-upload the PDF file so that folks can download a corrected version?

No kidding.

That's extremely disappointing to hear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Hello Ed,

Sorry about this. Which errors have gone uncorrected? I'll get an update in place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
Just perusing the Rules folder here...

kimbo wrote:
There is much mention through out the rules regarding the Mission Display. There is no Mission Display, in the PDF version, and the references are obviously meant for the Tactical Display or the Base Display. Yes?

Yes, I will change Mission Display in the rules to be Tactical Display.

kimbo wrote:
Tactic Counters-Under the Offensive/Defensive section, 2nd paragraph, 2nd sentence says "subtract 2 from all his attack rolls, including suppression." However, you can only have one tactic counter at a time. The defensive counter would preclude placing a suppression counter. Yes?

Good point. I should not have added that 'Suppression" part. I will remove it from the rules

kimbo wrote:
Base Display-Sequence of Play outline. Under step #10 & #12 it shows removing Fast or Slow Tactic counters. But the rules say to remove counters under step #9. I'm assuming the rules are correct and the SOP has a reference left over from Hornet Leader. Yes? This is important as the use of the Tactics Counters is very important in Corsair Leader.

Correct. The rules are right, all Tactic counters get removed during the Jettison step.

spyridon wrote:
The Command Post target has the following special text:

"Unknown Defenses: Do not place Sites and Bandits until the start of turn 1"

How does this impact the implementation of the Ingress and Target Events, since sites and bandits have yet to be placed, per the target card. For instance, the Carrier Support Event for Ingress gives you the ability to expend Special Option points (whatever they are... see my other post in the rules section) to remove bandits of the players choice. Is this ignored, since there are no bandits yet or do you hold on to this until the bandits are placed at the start of turn one, as per the target card?

--Right, those events have no effect since the defenses are not placed yet.--

spyridon wrote:
I've searched the pdf rules left and right and can't seem to find any reference to "Special Option" points (at least using Adobe Reader's search function). Yet, there are event cards that refer to them, so I assume they must exist. What are they and how do you get them?

--Oops, should read "Ordinance"--

There may be more that I cannot find quickly. Some of these are rules errata and some are component errors. All should be easy fixes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While browsing the DVG website, I decided to check and see if the errata mentioned above had ever been addressed. After checking the files, I can report that after over more than 2 years since I raised this issue, the files available for purchase for $15 are STILL flawed. None of the corrections have been made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Austin
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
1- 2- 3- 4!- A- A- 5!
badge
110% Rally
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not checked the pdf rules available on the website, but I just purchased the full game from RPGnow and the Rules that come with it, have all been updated and the corrections made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hawkins
United Kingdom
Willingham
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rats!
I just purchased it from wargamedownloads.com and my copy still refers to special options on the event cards.
(not checked anything else)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.