Thumb up
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Friday night gaming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Reynolds
United States
flag msg tools
We had a couple of friends, Steven and Ally and their 10-year-old daugher Ivy over this past Friday, and spent the time playing some games.

First we tried 'Lord of the Fries,' a card game based around making combos of cards from your hand in order to score. None of us had played this game before, but my wife had been looking at the rules before our friends arrived. We played a couple of wrongs, making lots of mistakes and learning the rules. By the time we got to the third round I think we were playing it right. The game is fast, funny and fairly fun. It supports as many as 8 players which is always nice.

Next we broke out Carcassone, which Ivy chose; we had played it before and it seemed to be her favorite. I think everyone enjoyed Carcassone, it's one of those games that you can teach quickly, and almost everyone will play.

Finally, a round of Munchkin, my wife's favorite, was in order. It was getting late, though, and we were all getting pretty tired. I think we lost Ally and Ivy to this game, although Steven seemed to be 'getting' it near the end and starting to enjoy it. Munchkin, especially with all of the expansions added in, is a game that must be played a few times before it sinks in for some people, and it's definitely not a game for everyone.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.