Popular Tags: [View All]
Clint Walker
United States
Mattoon
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. Busted out LOTR for the first time after nearly six months of Battlestar Galactica. Had a quick question.

If you are using the game in conjuction with those one time only powers from Friends and Foes, what happens to the trigger tile if Frodo, on someone else's turn, uses that ability that lets him take one step forward and collect whatever it is he lands on?

Does he collect the trigger tile to reveal at the end of the active player's turn? Does it just get added to the stack of any collected trigger tiles the active player had been racking up?

I'm guessing it just gets passed to the active player who will deal with it at the end of their turn, but still, the determination card DOES say something about collecting whatever it is you land on as if it's your own.

Just wondering. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would get added to the stack of the active player's trigger tiles. Even though:

"When you advance the Event marker or the
marker on the main Activity line on your turn,
collect the trigger tiles that the marker passes
over and the one that it stops on and place them
facedown in front of you." (p. 4)

(emphasis added)

Determination is a once per game ability, so I don't think it would a game-breaker if you went with a literal interpretation, since Determination is an interrupt, no trigger tile collected, since it's not the active player moving the main Activity line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teague Webb
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
I think it would get added to the stack of the active player's trigger tiles. Even though:

"When you advance the Event marker or the
marker on the main Activity line on your turn,
collect the trigger tiles that the marker passes
over and the one that it stops on and place them
facedown in front of you." (p. 4)

(emphasis added)

Agreed. In addition, from the Friends & Foes rulebook about Frodo's Determination:

"...Frodo may advance any one Activity marker by one space and carry out the space for himself"

I would argue that the Battlefield tiles, while connected to the spaces, are actually not part of the spaces, and so get resolved independantly as quoted from the Battlefields rules above.

Great question, and great job identifying it in the subject field! thumbsup

Also, you may want to cross-post this topic on the Friends & Foes page, since it involves both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.