Subject: A Linear Co-op RPG Variant? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mara Saurio
Spain
Valencia
Valencia
flag msg tools
Logitech G25 + rFactor + XtremeRacers = pure sim racing!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading your question I decided to write down the modifications that I will include in my next campaign, related to a semi co-op variant.

As soon as it's accepted, I'll link it to this post.
Edit.- Here's the link

On the other hand, there are a few co-op variants here in BGG, use the search engine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. B.
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrqwerty wrote:
Everyone seems to notice how unbalanced this game is and the horrible endgame. How about making the game totally linear where everything is set before the game starts. This will be very much like a Japanese RPG video game where they give you a very limited amount of freedom in decision making. Instead of random dungeons, it will be set, monsters and treasures and the items you can buy would be limited to how far you have progresses in the "storyline" so you cannot be overpowered by finding uber treasure or buying it.

It would be completely Co-op or single player controlling multiple heros. Monster behavior would be set to some sort of flowchart or a very simplified AI. So no overlord is required.

Heh. My thought is that if you want to play a game like the one you've outlined, I'd suggest just buying a computer game But, honestly, I don't think the game as-is is terribly unbalanced at all, except for a few specific things that can be houseruled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. B.
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough, and your idea is certainly interesting. Keep us posted if you try it out. Have you played the game as written yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.