Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Cox
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card tells the attacker to "pillage two steps," which implies that the one who played the card is responsible for taking the steps off of his opponent's blocks. It doesn't really specify either way.

Do you give the attacker the choice, or do you let the defender choose which steps to take off, as if they were taking hits in battle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The attacker adds the two steps pillaged to his block(s) and the defender takes two steps away from his block(s). Defender's choice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cox
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any two steps, or do you have to follow the rules of battle for adding and subtracting them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
coxer80 wrote:
Any two steps, or do you have to follow the rules of battle for adding and subtracting them?

I own the 2nd edition. My card states: "The enemy blocks take two (2) hits (applied as per combat losses)."

Edit: There is no special rule about how those steps should be applied when adding them to blocks. It is up to the person who played the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Whitney
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm admittedly new to the game, but so far I've been playing that event card the way step reduction occurs in standard battles - block with the most pips/steps takes the step reductions 1st, with ties decided by the defender/opponent. I've also been playing it that the opponent has to reveal their blocks in that area, but I'm not 100% sure if that's required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george seary
United States
endwell
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pillage damage is taken as per regular combat (largest unit first); They don't have to be revealed as to who took the hits.

These pillaged pips are added to the other side as they choose; They don't have to be revealed either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
If I pillage a group that consists of only one noble, who is down to one or two steps, does that noble switch sides (like in combat)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiet wrote:
If I pillage a group that consists of only one noble, who is down to one or two steps, does that noble switch sides (like in combat)?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.