mark of carnage
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Just playing through my 2nd full game of Lion with all the advanced rules and think I got just 1 querry to resolve before I have rules ironed out:

Q: Suppose the warning is poor and green squadrons deploy into the hunt box and the initial force card states there's no raid.

My understanding is that all deployed squadrons are placed in the inflight box. At squadron turnaround the rules suggest these green squadrons become experienced. However, they haven't been blooded. Do they still lose their green status? That's what I'm playing. Have I got this right or have I missed something obvious in the rules?

Top game btw and just the ticket for a billy no mates gamer such as myself. Only complaint a tad disapointed that I got to 35 points British decisive in early September in the first full game I played. I took 2 squadron reinforcements every turn and found this tipped it. Luftwaffe casualties really mounted fast once the game tipped in the Brit's favour. I'm hoping it's just the rub of the green and next game will be tighter. Anecdotal evidence based on just 1 full game is admitedly well premature but would be interested in experienced players comments on game balance.

Tally ho!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hi Mark, glad you are enjoying the game.

Yes, green squadrons that move to the inflight box, regardless of the reason, then go through the turnaround process and become experienced.

The situation where green squadrons respond to a raid with poor warning that then becomes a "No Raid", is a bit of a gift to the British player. Primarily a result of not wanting to add more rules to cover exceptions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark of carnage
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi John

Had a hunch I was playing it right within the rules and that it was simply an anomolous situation.

Thanks for quick response.

Tally ho!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that's one rule I've been playing wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.