Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario 48, Widerststandsnest 61.

Special Rule 5: Bangalore Torpedos: The Allied player may treat his "Command Confusion" actions as "Demolition" actions instead. The effect of a demolition action for the American player (only) is amended to read: "Eliminate one Fortification in any hex containing a friendly unit or one Wire marker in an adjacent hex."

Is the term action correct? Would be more accurate to subtitute it with the term order?

The "Command Cofusion" is an Order.

If the "Demolition" is an Action then how is it triggered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, the term action is correct. Command confusion appears both as an order and as an action.

Specifically - cards A-50 and A-70 have Command Confusion as their action. These actions may be used as the Demolitions action.

As for how it is triggered - that is explained in the rule book:

A31. Demolitions
Demolitions may only be played when the opponent discards one or more cards due to "passing"

So when the German player passes, the American player can play A-50, A-67, or A-70 as a demolitions action and remove one fortification in any hex containing a friendly unit or one Wire marker in an adjacent hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably should've just spelled it out on the card...then people who are lazy like me and didn't look it up wouldn't have played it wrongly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Which cards are you using? My cards state: Play when your opponent discards one or more cards. Remove a fortification from a friendly hex.

Or you both using VASSAL? In that case, note that Tim has altered the action text on the cards I mentioned above. The Command Confusion Action / Demolition Action have been replaced with the title: Bangalores and the text is a repeat of the SSR text Yiannis' notes above.

(This might explain Yiannis' question above - there are no Command Confusion Actions in the deck for Vassal Scenario #48 - just Command Confusion Orders because Tim converted the actions.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the (many) advantages of playing this game on vassal - due to Tim's excellent module - are the enhancements such as Scenario Special Rules incorporated onto the cards themselves.

See below for one of the 'amended' American Actions showing 'Bangalores' rather than the standard command confusion.

Wouldn't it be great if GMT included these 'special' scenario specific cards as part of the battlepacks.
Nice thought but not likely to happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TommieSL wrote:
Wouldn't it be great if GMT included these 'special' scenario specific cards as part of the battlepacks.

It can be hard to get the print runs to match so that you can't identify that one card. Even if the printing is perfect, you have the problem that the other cards have wear and that one doesn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleeves.

But it's probably moot.Might be worth GMT considering as a C3i insert feature or even 'expansion' set to extend the CC brand. I would order a pack of special scenario cards. They could even test the viability via their P500 programme, maybe. Just thinking out loud.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TommieSL wrote:
Sleeves.

If you're using sleeves, then you can insert your own paste-ups into the sleeves when you set up the scenario; you don't need professionally printed cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David. How do you know what I need?

Of course I could paste up my own versions. I could use the images from the vassal module to produce a very nice looking set of my own cards. Heck, I could even make my own version of the whole game, but I'd much rather have a professional set from GMT. Then, if there were any problems with colour/condition match on the cardbacks (the latter being the most likely) I could then use sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TommieSL wrote:
David. How do you know what I need?

From playing many other games myself with customized cards in sleeves, over the years.

What you want, on the other hand, is entirely up to you.

Ask for what you want. I can be skeptical about it as a priority, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
Yes, the term action is correct. Command confusion appears both as an order and as an action.

You are right. Thank you meeple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
What you want, on the other hand, is entirely up to you.

Isn't that what I stated?.
You're the one telling me what I need.
I'd rather leave GMT to work on converting my wants to needs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TommieSL wrote:
Isn't that what I stated?

No. Actually, you asked if I thought it would be great if GMT made these special cards, and I said no, I don't think it would be all that great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.