Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Bergström
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I struck me when reading the "Hitler's War" book by Harry Turtedove, that perhaps an interesting scenario could be forged from the alternate history of that book. In it, Hitler has to fight for Checkoslovakia, and there is no Molotov-Ribbentrop pact. Because of russian aggression, Poland joins the war on the German side, and so does Nationalist spain.

What would be necessary are new OOBs for the major powers representing the forces and production capabilities of 1938, then I guess it's just trying it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lags
Australia
Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really interested in a 36 or 38 scenario. Czech would be interesting as a de Option, couldbe like yugo event( if u fail u go to war)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Besinque
Canada
New Denver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Way ahead of you!

I have a Czech/38 scenario already designed and somewhat developed. It has existed for 3-4 years and Tom Oleson, Pete Menconi and I have playtested if fairly extensively, but it is not quite there yet. Interested in getting further playtesting done if you are game.

It is called "War In Our Time", and comes with Czech units, a new Alliance Reaction table and some added DEs, along with the usual Scenario start table and directions.

It's wild and crazy as almost anything can happen in the AR phase once Germany DoWs Czechoslovakia. The main difficulty remaining is evaluating victory, which has proven resistant due to the variety of strength balances that can arise due to different AR outcomes. In our version, Poland can join either side by AR (and this is major re Russia). The SCW is still ongoing or can be excluded.

PM me and I will send you the info. Once it gets a bit more developed I would like to post it on eurofront.org.

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds very interesting Craig!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joonas Abraham
Finland
flag msg tools
Hi there

Has extending the war beyond May 1945 been considered at some point?

Could be interesting to have a scenario in which the British/USA fight against the Soviets

For example could there be a scenario starting from June 1944 in which one side plays the British/USA + the Germans on the Eastfront and another plays the Soviets + the Germans on the Westfront. After Germany is defeated there would be say three months of peace and then the British/USA would start to fight against the Soviets

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it has, and I have a copy somewhere I'll try and post. I think it was called "Finish it Ike".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.