Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Only reason that I'm not ditching work to stay and inhale new box odor and savour that box fart sound when you're opening it up for the first or second time is that I'm already at work yuk and I'm fairly sure they'd notice me missing off the desk smiling at people and telling others politely to go to hell.


So either tonight or tomorrow in the AM I'll do a once over for it and write an "out of the box" review and then we'll see about it getting some play.

Loverly it is my friends.... I'm surrounded by a glow of human contentness. (is that a word?)

Now all of you get the hell off my lawn.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
Canada
Kinda SW of Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mbourgeois wrote:

Only reason that I'm not ditching work to stay and inhale new box odor and savour that box fart sound when you're opening it up for the first or second time is that I'm already at work yuk and I'm fairly sure they'd notice me missing off the desk smiling at people and telling others politely to go to hell.


So either tonight or tomorrow in the AM I'll do a once over for it and write an "out of the box" review and then we'll see about it getting some play.

Loverly it is my friends.... I'm surrounded by a glow of human contentness. (is that a word?)

Now all of you get the hell off my lawn.


Good for you Mike... although opening the post with the words "fart", "savour", "inhale" and "odor" would be kind of suspect had I not known your were talking about a new box. laugh I bet you sniff fresh photocopies too...

I'm still patiently waiting here... to smell my own new box farts I guess.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a Amateur Extra Class Ham radio Operator -- W8SDD
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! My order status has said "shipping week of 3/15/2010" for the past week. Wish it would get here already!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mondior wrote:
Nice! My order status has said "shipping week of 3/15/2010" for the past week. Wish it would get here already!!


Before I was at the stage of really grumpy and please don't talk to me about this... now I'm sure that you'll see it within another week or so. Just think happy thoughts, don't kick puppies and remember that even zombies need love so feed them your really pain in the arse next door neighbours.

They'll remember you for caring.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mbourgeois wrote:
Mondior wrote:
Nice! My order status has said "shipping week of 3/15/2010" for the past week. Wish it would get here already!!


Before I was at the stage of really grumpy and please don't talk to me about this... now I'm sure that you'll see it within another week or so. Just think happy thoughts, don't kick puppies and remember that even zombies need love so feed them your really pain in the arse next door neighbours.

They'll remember you for caring.


I think it is extremely rash to assume anyone else will see it in the next week or so.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mondior wrote:
Nice! My order status has said "shipping week of 3/15/2010" for the past week. Wish it would get here already!!


Mine still indicates 9999...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a Amateur Extra Class Ham radio Operator -- W8SDD
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing that irks me a little is that I emailed them around March 1st to see if these were actually in stock. I got a reply that said yes they were and they were ready to ship, but the page had just not been updated yet. Just glad I didn't preorder it 2 years ago. Now that would have made my crazy. Hopefully I will get my shipping email soon!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mondior wrote:
The thing that irks me a little is that I emailed them around March 1st to see if these were actually in stock. I got a reply that said yes they were and they were ready to ship, but the page had just not been updated yet.


Seriously?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
graydo wrote:
mbourgeois wrote:
Mondior wrote:
Nice! My order status has said "shipping week of 3/15/2010" for the past week. Wish it would get here already!!


Before I was at the stage of really grumpy and please don't talk to me about this... now I'm sure that you'll see it within another week or so. Just think happy thoughts, don't kick puppies and remember that even zombies need love so feed them your really pain in the arse next door neighbours.

They'll remember you for caring.


I think it is extremely rash to assume anyone else will see it in the next week or so.


Sorry, it's just hard for me to be grumpy or negative anymore... it might be sad that I'm so affected by a game but I've been looking forward to this one... not unlike many of you for a goodly long time. When it hits the table with family or friends this weekend then I'll be enjoying it bigtime.

Sorry to all of those who are still waiting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mbourgeois wrote:
graydo wrote:
mbourgeois wrote:
Mondior wrote:
Nice! My order status has said "shipping week of 3/15/2010" for the past week. Wish it would get here already!!


Before I was at the stage of really grumpy and please don't talk to me about this... now I'm sure that you'll see it within another week or so. Just think happy thoughts, don't kick puppies and remember that even zombies need love so feed them your really pain in the arse next door neighbours.

They'll remember you for caring.


I think it is extremely rash to assume anyone else will see it in the next week or so.


Sorry, it's just hard for me to be grumpy or negative anymore... it might be sad that I'm so affected by a game but I've been looking forward to this one... not unlike many of you for a goodly long time. When it hits the table with family or friends this weekend then I'll be enjoying it bigtime.

Sorry to all of those who are still waiting.


I made the comment I made for two reasons.

1. The printer may not deliver on Monday. That is certainly conceivable.

2. LnL has a track record of shipping items very slowly even when in stock. They're receiving another game at the same time as ATZ and have publicly stated they will not give priority to ATZ (even though it charged nearly a year ago). I think it unlikely that they'll have even shipped all the ATZ preorders by April 1st let alone people having received them all.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Windsor
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ZZZZZZZ snore The LnL shipping - charging debate has merit, but its worn out its welcome. I'm no LnL apologist, but if you want to order their games directly, you put up with all their BS. If you don't like the BS, don't order from them directly.

Can we please get off of it now?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mwindsor wrote:
ZZZZZZZ snore The LnL shipping - charging debate has merit, but its worn out its welcome. I'm no LnL apologist, but if you want to order their games directly, you put up with all their BS. If you don't like the BS, don't order from them directly.

Can we please get off of it now?


Once the game arrives, probably...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
if you want to order their games directly, you put up with all their BS. If you don't like the BS, don't order from them directly.


If they indicated all the BS was a possibility as I, a new customer, pre-ordered, you may have had a point. Unfortunately as a new customer not familiar with the BS nor warned about the BS I feel L&N deserves ALL the complaints they get.

Jake
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brown
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:
Quote:
if you want to order their games directly, you put up with all their BS. If you don't like the BS, don't order from them directly.


If they indicated all the BS was a possibility as I, a new customer, pre-ordered, you may have had a point. Unfortunately as a new customer not familiar with the BS nor warned about the BS I feel L&N deserves ALL the complaints they get.

Jake

QFT as another first time pre-order customer ever, not just L'nL. I carefully read the terms and conditions before I hit the submit button on my order in November '08. Said terms stated that charges would be processed when going to print. Instead, cards were charged but the game did not go to print for another 6 months. Mark/L'nL owns that one straight up for directly contradicting published company policy. These constant printer delays, while not directly attributable to L'nL, do reflect on L'nL as they have admitted that this is the first time they have chosen to use this particular printer. Since we don't have the contact information for the printer to voice our severe displeasure directly to the source, all we are left with is Mark.

Mark - While I still have an issue with the whole charge then rework then print situation, you have my unconditional sympathy for the debacle that this printer has created. Seriously, not enough dice on-hand and THEN figuring out they didn't have enough boxes??? I wish you best of luck on your search for a new printer. You ARE ditching this one, right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure I seem like a fanboy, but...

It's hard to stay mad once you get the game. That's the good news. I'm not saying that makes up for the two-year wait, cause it don’t. But, I will say without reservation what you get is a high quality, very nice game. I’d be really unhappy if it wasn’t. But, it is. And, I appreciate anybody that brings us another great zombie game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombieMark wrote:
I'm sure I seem like a fanboy, but...

It's hard to stay mad once you get the game. That's the good news. I'm not saying that makes up for the two-year wait, cause it don’t. But, I will say without reservation what you get is a high quality, very nice game. I’d be really unhappy if it wasn’t. But, it is. And, I appreciate anybody that brings us another great zombie game.


Of course the point being that almost nobody has the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
graydo wrote:
Mondior wrote:
Nice! My order status has said "shipping week of 3/15/2010" for the past week. Wish it would get here already!!


Mine still indicates 9999...


Mine still says it's shipping Nov. 30, 2009.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
graydo wrote:
ZombieMark wrote:
I'm sure I seem like a fanboy, but...

It's hard to stay mad once you get the game. That's the good news. I'm not saying that makes up for the two-year wait, cause it don’t. But, I will say without reservation what you get is a high quality, very nice game. I’d be really unhappy if it wasn’t. But, it is. And, I appreciate anybody that brings us another great zombie game.


Of course the point being that almost nobody has the game.

True dat! I'm just say you aren't going to be disappointed with the game itself.

And, it took two days from notification they were sending the game till I got it here in Southern California. So, hopefully that means shipping delays aren't an issue.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a Amateur Extra Class Ham radio Operator -- W8SDD
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Somebody is monitoring this link but not chiming in. I just got an email this afternoon saying that the games will not ship for another 3 to 4 weeks. Now that is total CRAP. I was originally told this was in stock, now it won't ship for the 20+ days!! Waiting for something that you preorder is one thing, I have done a few preorders. But to be told it is in stock and it's not. That is just poor form!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, that sucks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
Canada
Kinda SW of Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mondior wrote:
Somebody is monitoring this link but not chiming in. I just got an email this afternoon saying that the games will not ship for another 3 to 4 weeks. Now that is total CRAP. I was originally told this was in stock, now it won't ship for the 20+ days!! Waiting for something that you preorder is one thing, I have done a few preorders. But to be told it is in stock and it's not. That is just poor form!!


How come you get an email? I'm on the pre-order list too... at least I should be. Where's my email telling me where it's all at? how it's all goin' down?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hayes
United Kingdom
London
of confusion
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Where's my email telling me where it's all at?


I certainly sympathise with your frustration. I too have been attempting to extract a basic order confirmation from LnLP by e-mail and by posting to Consimworld. MHW told me I was "dead wrong" that he didn't respond to emails and then proceeded not to respond to my emails!

This lack of communication is turning what could have been an annoyance (but, perhaps, an understandable one) into something that has the potential to create lasting damage to the reputation of LnLP.

MHW's latest status report is here

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@85.qkwCaZafUNo.118@.1dd1...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
Canada
Kinda SW of Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
madmattuk wrote:
Quote:
Where's my email telling me where it's all at?


I certainly sympathise with your frustration. I too have been attempting to extract a basic order confirmation from LnLP by e-mail and by posting to Consimworld. MHW told me I was "dead wrong" that he didn't respond to emails and then proceeded not to respond to my emails!

This lack of communication is turning what could have been an annoyance (but, perhaps, an understandable one) into something that has the potential to create lasting damage to the reputation of LnLP.

MHW's latest status report is here

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@85.qkwCaZafUNo.118@.1dd1...


Hey thanks for the link. Good to read a post from a real source than just reading about someone getting an email from an unidentified source.

I'm actually still waiting patiently. I can only imagine the in's and out's a getting a game published and in finished form. Going by other people's timelines and competencies can be frustrating, especially when you got people waiting for you to deliver.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a Amateur Extra Class Ham radio Operator -- W8SDD
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
super_d wrote:
Hey thanks for the link. Good to read a post from a real source than just reading about someone getting an email from an unidentified source.


Didn't think it was necessary to say who the email was from. Since they all come from the same source. My beef is that I was told by MARK that the games was in stock. That was over two weeks ago and he still doesn't have them back from the printer. If they weren't in stock why tell me they were? Like I said Bad Form!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
Canada
Kinda SW of Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah ok. So these were direct emails to you, initiated by direct emails to Mark?... not mass update emails from him. Explains a bit.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.