Subject: Town builds . . . Clay Mound? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the end of the second round of my solo game, the town was to build a standard building. The lowest sort order was the Clay Mound (10), but at the top it says "The Clay Mound cannot be built, but may be bought by a player." This is different from the statement at the top of the Special Building cards (for instance, "The Brick Manufacturer is built by the town, but may be bought by a player.").

Therefore, I assumed the town cannot build the Clay Mound. Instead, I chose the Wharf (sort order 12) for the town to build.

Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, "Cannot be built" is a restriction that only applies to players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
David, just re-word this part of the rules (in mind): "The town constructs the building with the lowest number." A building gets built by the town if it is buildable, and bought if it is open for purchase. The Clay Mound, thus, gets purchased by the town.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe all of the Special Buildings have the same wording, and obviously the town can build those. I think that the "cannot be built" box is intended to be more of an explanation of why there are no building materials listed on the card, rather than a rule of how it can be constructed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should've trusted my intuition instead of overthinking it. Thanks all for clarifying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
3dicebombers wrote:
I believe all of the Special Buildings have the same wording, and obviously the town can build those. I think that the "cannot be built" box is intended to be more of an explanation of why there are no building materials listed on the card, rather than a rule of how it can be constructed.
So in order to construct it do you need to visit a building firm? Or do you just perform a buy action and take it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
3dicebombers wrote:
So in order to construct it do you need to visit a building firm? Or do you just perform a buy action and take it?

Just buy it. Do not visit a building firm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.