Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Quote:

Mayfair Games and Academy Games announce agreement
Plant City, FL - March 18, 2010 - Mayfair Games and Academy Games are excited to announce an agreement with Mayfair Games to provide sales, marketing and fulfillment services for Academy Games. Consolidating these functions through Mayfair Games will allow Academy Games to focus on developing additional titles for the award-winning Conflict of Heroes™ game series and to publish other games in development.

Both Mayfair Games and Academy Games see this is an outstanding opportunity to work together, forging many more great products for players world wide in future years.

Congratulations Uwe and Co. Well deserved!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
Stand by for price hiking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know, I got Rise of Empires for a pretty reasonable price, and the components are certainly gorgeous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Most unfortunate.

Online websites have found ways around the price fixing - which might have been rescinded if I remember right.

My problem with Mayfair is not supporting their games by allowing the rules to be published on the web. Hopefully Academy will continue to do so. Otherwise, I most likely won't be buying anything from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Academy Games will continue to publish rules on the web.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that 'official'?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TommieSL wrote:
Is that 'official'?

Yes, and you don't even have to take my word for it:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4788543#4788543
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Felkor wrote:
TommieSL wrote:
Is that 'official'?

Yes, and you don't even have to take my word for it:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4788543#4788543

That is most reassuring then.

Mayfair does good work. They are just antiquated in their refusal to allow rulesets to be published online. I withhold my money, not because of punishment, but because reading rules is my "try it before you buy it" philosophy.

I haven't been disappointed by the quality of any Mayfair games or their support when needed (missing or broken pieces) but I buy so few games from them to begin with. Most of what I have bought is because I found rule translations from their German partners.

Given the arrangement, then it should be a successful endeavor and beneficial to both parties. And hopefully Uwe can convince Mayfair in the process to post their rules online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So would you buy a Mayfair game you have played, taught to you by someone else, even though the rules are not available online in any translation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Windopaene wrote:
So would you buy a Mayfair game you have played, taught to you by someone else, even though the rules are not available online in any translation?

Yes. That would be another form of "try before you buy" right? But seeing as how I am the game buyer / explainer in my area and circle of friends, not likely someone else knows of a mayfair game first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.