Subject: Unofficial Dominion PC Game (take 2) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Till

Amherst
New York
msg tools
mbmbmb
There is a fan-created Dominion PC game available that has AI opponents and all non-promo cards in the game.

http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=61

This game is in no way endorsed by anyone affiliated with Rio Grande Games.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thumbs up meeple

But ...... you should take that Black Market card out of there ninja

edit: and Envoy too ninja
edit2: and Stash arrrh (lol)
edit3: is it just me ... or does the dominion.exe have a card-back icon ?devil

final edit: Trash as well .... and in folder dominion/dominion/images are still all cards. I'd take that extra dominion folder out.
BTW.. isn't it possible to make the program without any cards at all and at first play let the program check if the cards are available or not?
When cards are not available , let the program download them from a website which is hosting the images anyway. I'm no coder nor do I know if that would be legal to do, but it might be an idea whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Till

Amherst
New York
msg tools
mbmbmb
Gone gone gone! Honest mistakes, I just forgot to clean up my zip file.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried this last night and got an error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
McDog
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jatill wrote:
Gone gone gone! Honest mistakes, I just forgot to clean up my zip file.

Looks great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Lesavoy
United States
West Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While this is all very awesome, I would love a Zombinion version as someone suggested on the other thread. But for the record, Jeff, you rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the Zombinion version just a re-theme or does it have different cards aswell ?

If it's just a re-theme and the cards are otherwise the same, you could replace the existing cards with the Zombinion cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be easy enough to just switch out the Zombinion card graphics... and then the only thing would be changing the terminology in the interface (Treasure = Aim, Buy = Target, etc.). I can get the card graphics together at the right size, but we should get permission from "Apparatus" and whoever at L4D before distributing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ridgway
United States
Fairfax Station
Virginia
flag msg tools
How much for the little game in the window?
badge
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
mbmbmbmbmb
AesopDoom wrote:
While this is all very awesome, I would love a Zombinion version as someone suggested on the other thread. But for the record, Jeff, you rule.

I'd love to see the Discworld version. I don't know if all the expansions were mocked up though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
England
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Azorius Senate
mbmbmbmbmb
May I ask, Is this legal? (I'm not really sure, since I don't have a clue about law really)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
McDog
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
david707 wrote:
May I ask, Is this legal? (I'm not really sure, since I don't have a clue about law really)

I'd suggest you contact a lawyer rather than ask on a game forum.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob grimmett
United States
wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
salvager should give plus 1 buy not plus 1 action.

played it thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Mo
msg tools
I just want to say thanks for the effort you put into this game. I'm lucky I downloaded the one with pictures before Donald X. requested to take it down.

My 2 friends and I play Dominion regularly and this is a really useful program. I'm just having a slight alignment problem with it.

Any suggestions on how to solve it? I tried it with the old and new version, both looks like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dexter1984 wrote:
I'm lucky I downloaded the one with pictures before Donald X. requested to take it down.

Did you mean to say "lucky" or "disrespectful"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Mo
msg tools
Did you even bother to read the old thread about the fan-made PC Dominion?

May I ask for a clarification on how "disrespectful" my action seems to be? I would really love to hear an explanation on it and the legalities regarding it.

The new version without words work well but it isn't the same without pictures though. Re-implementing it with the Zombinion/Galaxy Trucker variant would go a long way.
Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, since we can't use RGG's intellectual property, let's use somebody else's.

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Till

Amherst
New York
msg tools
mbmbmb
dexter1984 wrote:

My 2 friends and I play Dominion regularly and this is a really useful program. I'm just having a slight alignment problem with it.

Try adjusting your screen size / resolution maybe? I'm certainly no expect in desktop issues, so I can't help you beyond that.

Re: Salvager
Card works right, just has the wrong text
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
dexter1984 wrote:
I'm lucky I downloaded the one with pictures before Donald X. requested to take it down.

Did you mean to say "lucky" or "disrespectful"?

The two are not mutually exclusive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Redd
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player77 wrote:
Is the Zombinion version just a re-theme or does it have different cards aswell ?

If it's just a re-theme and the cards are otherwise the same, you could replace the existing cards with the Zombinion cards.

Exactly why I suggested it. Using the Zombinion art fixes all of the original file's problems -- using RGG's art. The gameplay would be unchanged.

Oh, and there would be zombies. Woot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirkwb
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dexter1984 wrote:
Re-implementing it with the Zombinion/Galaxy Trucker variant would go a long way.
Cheers.

Then he'd have to get permission from Turtle Rock Studios who create Left for Dead or Rio Grande Games who distribute/publish Galaxy Trucker (or whoever they license it from) to use the artwork.

/open can of worms
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dexter1984 wrote:
May I ask for a clarification on how "disrespectful" my action seems to be? I would really love to hear an explanation on it and the legalities regarding it.

Respect has nothing to do with legalities. If the designer and publisher don't approve of distribution of a program using their art, then grabbing it and gloating that they managed not to stop you from getting it isn't showing much respect. But perhaps you don't intend to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically using the internet is disrespectful .... 'cause it's almost impossible to not get onto a website that doesn't have any copyrighted content embedded for which the admin doesn't have any rights to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Player77 wrote:
Basically using the internet is disrespectful .... 'cause it's almost impossible to not get onto a website that doesn't have any copyrighted content embedded for which the admin doesn't have any rights to use.
I was taught that "everyone else does it" is not a valid excuse for bad behavior.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Mo
msg tools
Gardens never come up in a random match, ever. My friend and I have played many matches and it never appears. Might be a bug.

otherwise, great program.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bass
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have noticed a bug with card selection as well. I have unchecked a few cards so that they are not included in random sets, but they still show up in the layout. Specific cards I have noticed doing this include Saboteur and Swindler. I exit the program and restart, and the boxes for those cards are unchecked, so the intended change is getting saved, but the cards are still showing up in the game.

Otherwise, agreed, this is a great effort!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.