United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Hello!

Dixit is seeing a lot of plays! Any idea where I can buy some sleeves that fit? I tried FLGS and card vendors but have no success.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D L
Malaysia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://thaiboardgame.net/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=8d583daf2....0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WAN CHIU
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Excellent Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse C
United States
Paradise
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently purchased 200 of these sleeves (to cover Dixit and Dixit 2) from their eBay store. Overall I am pleased with them. However, about a dozen or so of the sleeves were noticeably taller than the others, 2mm or more. I don't think it's worth the time and postage to replace them as there were less than 200 cards, but it's just something I noticed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bee :)
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the dimensions of the sleeves you have to purchase for the Dixit cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse C
United States
Paradise
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamefreak2009 wrote:
What are the dimensions of the sleeves you have to purchase for the Dixit cards?

TBG lists their sleeves as "card sleeve for 80mmx120mm card, special for Dixit" The sleeves them selves are 2-3mm taller and wider than the cards.

As far as I know they are the only ones making sleeves for Dixit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WAN CHIU
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Just got 4 (50 per pack) from their ebay store (DIxit 1 + 2 approx 160 cards)

Total $12 shipped. Not bad consider how much wear and tear my copy is getting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bee :)
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me know how these sleeves work for you, please. I am curious about thickness, how easily the cards come out of the sleeves on their own, and if the Dixit 2 cards will still fit in the box once placed in the sleeves. I am assuming that they will not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think they will fit, the box is quite tight, I tried to add a copy of the rules and it was not easy at all...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse C
United States
Paradise
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me know how these sleeves work for you, please. I am curious about thickness, how easily the cards come out of the sleeves on their own, and if the Dixit 2 cards will still fit in the box once placed in the sleeves. I am assuming that they will not.

I haven't had any problems with the cards falling out of the sleeves.
They will not fit back into the Dixit 2 box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D L
Malaysia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dazeysan wrote:

So how are you storing them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Candy Weber
United States
Port Charlotte
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone in the US wants to purchase a huge quantity then re-sell them to the rest of us, minimizing shipping cost for all, then I'd be interested in buying enough to cover Dixit and Dixit 2, so I guess 200 sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse C
United States
Paradise
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dodya wrote:
dazeysan wrote:

Currently I have them all in the Dixit box. Most will fit in the inner box, the rest have to hang out above with the rules. I don't like this setup as it makes the box bulge, but I plan on making a box for them all. My idea is to make a tall lid that will fit over the Dixit inner box and leave enough space for the tokens, rabbeeples, and a modular score track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Czech Mate
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dazeysan wrote:

TBG lists their sleeves as "card sleeve for 80mmx120mm card, special for Dixit" The sleeves them selves are 2-3mm taller and wider than the cards.

As far as I know they are the only ones making sleeves for Dixit.

If they truly were "special for Dixit" there would be 84 in a pack, not 50!! ;-)

mikey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
dazeysan wrote:

These sleeves are GREAT, once the cards are in they don't "move" inside the sleeve at all. I had thought about laminating my cards, but the result of these sleeves is almost as good and much easier/cheaper/reversible!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Martin
Canada
Mississauga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dazeysan wrote:
I recently purchased 200 of these sleeves (to cover Dixit and Dixit 2) from their eBay store. Overall I am pleased with them. However, about a dozen or so of the sleeves were noticeably taller than the others, 2mm or more. I don't think it's worth the time and postage to replace them as there were less than 200 cards, but it's just something I noticed.

Could you point me in the direction of their ebay store? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D L
Malaysia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sizemore
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.NevermoreGames.com
badge
This is NOT a Chihuahua. It is a Sphynx cat. A bald, grouchy Sphynx cat who will bite you if you mistake him for a Chihuahua.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to chime in and say that I got my sleeves today, and so far they're great. They took about ten days to get from Thailand to Richmond, and the cost was quite cheap ($12 sounds right, but I honestly don't remember).

I don't sleeve everything, but these cards are so pretty and detailed that I wanted to get them protected before they started to wear. Also, this is a game for playing with non-gamers, and I'd rather sleeve my cards than tell my wife's Gramma to be careful with her coffee. 8ˆ)

Also, for what it's worth, mine were very uniform in size, so maybe they've improved their process since the early batches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Chipman
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
dazeysan wrote:
Dodya wrote:
dazeysan wrote:

Currently I have them all in the Dixit box. Most will fit in the inner box, the rest have to hang out above with the rules. I don't like this setup as it makes the box bulge, but I plan on making a box for them all. My idea is to make a tall lid that will fit over the Dixit inner box and leave enough space for the tokens, rabbeeples, and a modular score track.

Take the insert out, flip it over, and put it back in the box upside down. You will then have plenty of room for both decks of cards. If you use the score track, just flip the insert back around after you take out the cards during set up. There is plenty of room in the box.

Also, the sleeves are of comparable thickness to Mayday's "Premium" line. They hold the cards securely and are not very slippery when stacked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Thomas
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know when they will be available again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday is launching sleeves for this and hopes to have preorder available next week. Not sure on pricing yet but we will keep it cheap!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Thomas
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
^ Awesome... any idea on when they will be available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Before the end of the year for sure... hopefully in about 6 weeks .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.