United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now you can only re-look at the privilege token for a district if you place another merchant in the district. Well our group is not a big fan of memory games, it really favors the players with the better memory (usually the younger ones, I had quite a sharp memory in my 20's, not as great in my 40's, it's filled up more ).

So the variant is simply that as long as you have a merchant in the district you can secretly re-look at the privilege token for that district. Making it only on your turn will make it more controlled (not more than one hand on the board at a time).

This keeps the more important mechanic that only those who have already placed a merchant in the district get to see the priv token, but removes the needless memory aspect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Mura
Italy
Pisa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to admit that you are very right. Lungarno it's not about memory but about building and influencing.

Sometimes I also play that way and the game runs fine.

Anyway there are a lot of tricks that may help you to remember two-shields bonuses... The way you place the merchants... Their position over the tile itself... eh eh eh eh... whistle

Only during tournaments we keep the "memory" version and we slightly changed the rules (starting hand)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.