Ted Von Penguin
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I’m considering playing a chat based game of BSG. It’s easier than gathering people at my house would be and negates the little problem of my BSG watching friends being scattered around the world while being likely faster paced than a pbf game would be. I was wondering if anyone has tried this before and how it went? Any unforeseen problems I should be aware of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was actually thinking about this myself and you would need a moderator. Someone needs to give the cards out to each player. In theory you could just have each person use their own deck but you could end up with a ton of 5's or a ton of 1's in everyone hand which could be good or bad.

In order for it to work you would need one person who drew the cards for each player and let them know which cards are in their hands. Otherwise it would be fine. You could even have a video cam on a board instead of each person using their memory or their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Von Penguin
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I know about the moderator part. That's my role in all this since I'm organizing. And a video chat with the board in view is actually a good idea. I'll see if I have the space to make setting it up practical. Thanks. After checking interest it seems I actually have the chance of running a seven player game so that would massively cut down on my workload as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Corbin
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been discussed before on the BSG PBF forum, but I don't think it ever happened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.