Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received the corrected cards for Twilight Struggle Deluxe Edition today. Unlike some publishers who "drop and run" their products on the market, counting on the customers to correct their errors with mapboard and card pasteups, GMT printed corrected cards and mailed them out on their dime.

There are peaks and Valleys in game publishing and it is great to know that GMT is closer to the pinnacle. They make errors, but they back them up instead of ignoring them and that is why I give their products more serious consideration than others.

thumbsupthumbsup for GMT Games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brown
United Kingdom
Stockport
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The level of support and customer service GMT offer their customers is excellent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Deslongchamps

North Carolina
msg tools
GMT is the most loyal game company to their clients.In 2008 I was out of work for Christmas time and GMT had a special offer for people,such as I, that they could have any two games, free and clear, if one would send in verification of unemployment.I must say that they have me sold for life, no one on the landscape treated me so well as they did in a dark time in my life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Their customer support is great indeed! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dodge
United States
Highland
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
billde wrote:
GMT is the most loyal game company to their clients.In 2008 I was out of work for Christmas time and GMT had a special offer for people,such as I, that they could have any two games, free and clear, if one would send in verification of unemployment.I must say that they have me sold for life, no one on the landscape treated me so well as they did in a dark time in my life.

Ditto. I was in the same situation last year and they sent me two games free of charge. I am now gainfully employeed and, to show my appreciation, have bought four games from them since then. I am a customer for life!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lewandowski
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, they are easily the best I have dealt with.

I got Men of Iron for Christmas and it came with 2 playbooks and 0 rulebooks. I sent them an email and a new rulebook was on the way in a matter of days!

They are the best!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HMS Iron Duke
United States
Bartlett
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
14cross wrote:
billde wrote:

Ditto. I was in the same situation last year and they sent me two games free of charge. I am now gainfully employeed and, to show my appreciation, have bought four games from them since then. I am a customer for life!

Yep. Same story here. And now they will make me broke this year by bringing almost everything I had on P500 to market. Washington's War, Normandy 44, Chariot's of Fire, Germantown, Pensacola, Nothing Gained but Glory and Wilderness War. While I thank them, my wife and wallet are somewhat more ambivelent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bestia immonda
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They even started using mounted maps!!!
Hurrah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erez Ben-Aharon
Australia
Civic Square
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I too have nothing short of high praise for GMT excellent customer service. A few weeks ago I have purchased a copy of Asia Engulfed and was missing a few of the components. It was quickly replaced - no questions asked. This level of service is why I keep coming back again and again to the P500 pre-order page no doubt! (even though I live in Australia and at times - due to shipping costs - there are cheaper alternatives).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Petricini
United States
Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll join the chorus of praise for GMT as well. When I purchased a copy of Twilight Struggle last year - it was missing the "Five-Year Plan" card. I contacted them about it, and they had the card to my house by the end of the week.

Thanks GMT.

:D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew White
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ward wrote:
There are peaks and Valleys in game publishing and it is great to know that GMT is closer to the pinnacle. They make errors, but they back them up instead of ignoring them and that is why I give their products more serious consideration than others.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: for GMT Games!

I have had nothing but excellent service from GMT and will continue to support them. Speaking of Valleys in game publishing, you might like to check out this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no such thing as a company that doesn't make mistakes. What separates the good ones from the not so good are the ones who step up to the plate and try as best they can to make things right. GMT likely could have gotten away with not printing up replacement cards and there would have been some grumbling but nothing big. They instead chose to do so because they felt it was the right thing to do. It speaks volumes about Gene that he goes the extra mile that he does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of work offer.

I'm interested to know what prompted GMT to offer this and how did they determine the 'right' time to withdraw the offer - was it time bounded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.