Subject: Tolkienism rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Trevelyan
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmb
The act of publishing a game (or creating a party) in which a diversity of races/classes are represented in order to appease the politically correct. cf tokenism in the real world.

I was just doing some housework and that term came to me. I did some research and it looks like the term is also being used for a Tolkein inspired religion, but I think we could out it to better use on the Geek.

For example: Small World takes tolkienism to the extreme!

Hope you guys like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb Space Telescope in 2018!
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
MikeTrev wrote:
The act of publishing a game (or creating a party) in which a diversity of races/classes are represented in order to appease the politically correct.

This is a definition for your new term "tolkienism", as in JRR Tolkien? I don't get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
tesuji wrote:
MikeTrev wrote:
The act of publishing a game (or creating a party) in which a diversity of races/classes are represented in order to appease the politically correct.

This is a definition for your new term "tolkienism", as in JRR Tolkien? I don't get it.

Actually, it sounds like you get it exactly! There is an article about tokenism over at Ye Olde Wikipedia.

I propose that Tolkenism is less a case of appeasing the politically correct, and more a case of appeasing the "wider world" of boardgamers... you know, like those stinky Ameritrashers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.