Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew McHale
United States
Audubon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Travel Blokus also known as Blokus Duo, which is the version I own, is the two player version of the strategy game Blokus. The board is a small raised plastic grid that the pieces fit into nicely. The pieces come in two colors one for each player. There are 21 pieces for each player and are made up of squares from one square to five. They are laid out two dimensionally into different shapes (ex. An L or T shape for a 5 square piece or an L or square shape for a 4 square piece, there are others). All components are well made.

Players chooses a color and takes a set of 21 pieces. Players take turns placing there pieces on the board. Play starts on one of the two starting points. Each turn a new piece is placed on the board and must touch at least one other piece of that same color but can only placed at the corners. Same colored pieces can not be in contact along an edge. Different colored pieces have no restrictions on how they touch each other. The object of the game is to fit as many of your pieces on the board as possible. The game ends when a player has placed all of there pieces on the board or when both players have no more space to place pieces on the board. Score is tallied by counting up the squares each player has remaining( this is counting all squares not just the pieces). The player with the least number of squares remaining is the winner. There is a 15 point bonus for using all your pieces and a 5 point bonus for using your single square piece last.

The is a tremendously fun game. For a light abstract game it can get very intense. If you would like to play Blokus but will only be playing two player I strongly suggest that you pick up this game over the original Blokus because in my opinion it does not play well with 2 players. (or just get both,lol) If you are looking for a light, quick and extremely fun game this is a game to pick up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j b Goodwin

Lynchburg
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When Blokus Duo first came out, it was called Travel Blokus. This is the edition you and I have. But they have actually released a travel version with pieces that snap into the board. It's actually pretty ugly, but serviceable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.