And of course, to top off my trio of variants, something randomly more complicated, just for fun.
- Select village cards as normal
- Take the two most expensive random items, and the two most expensive heroes, and set them up as a second village. This is the "City".
- Select four monsters sets instead of three. Choose one monster set at random and add two of the lowest VP monsters from the other three monster sets to it. this forms the "Village Dungeon". The remaining monsters and the Thunderstone (placed in the last 1/3 of the deck) form the "City Dungeon"
- You must spend a turn "traveling" to the the Village or Village Dungeon if your last action was in the City or City Dungeon, and vice versa. This is identical to "resting" and allows you to destroy a card. After you've taken a traveling action, you may proceed to any of the four locations on your next turn for your next action, even if you just left it before your traveling action.
- All items in the City have +3 cost
- You may buy any Village items while in the City, but they too will have +3 cost. You may not buy City only items while in the Village.