Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
So many douchebags, so few bullets.
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to get a notification when I was quoted (or simply replied to) in a thread, geeklist, or anywhere else (at least I thought I did - or was I hallucinating?). This no longer happens.

Is this a bug or am I off my rocker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How long ago was this? I don't remember getting any notification unless I was subscribed to the thread.

I know I missed some replies in the past (2 years ago?) because I had forgotten to subscribe to the thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just notified of your reply to me...I am not subscribed to this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go to your Subscription preferences, there is an option to choose to be notified of replies to your content. You can also choose to be automatically subscribed to any thread, list etc. that you reply to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
If you go to your Subscription preferences, there is an option to choose to be notified of replies to your content. You can also choose to be automatically subscribed to any thread, list etc. that you reply to.

Yes, I have those things turned on but I was not notified when I was quoted/replied to in this thread:

eagle games bargain basement - goldbrau and oltre mar bundle $24.99

I did not start the thread but I thought that anytime I was quoted/replied to I'd get notified. I have to subscribe to the thread too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmb
The subscription system doesn't know which particular post is being replied to, nor which users are quoted in a particular reply--only the thread. You'd have to subscribe to the thread if you want to know when someone replies to you in a given thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting.... Thanks for pointing out the preferences. I guess I never looked there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.