Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone heard anything official about the factions included in the 3rd block? (series 7-9)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Jorgensen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got my fingers crossed for giant mutant plants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw on their forums someone suggested a werewolf faction because we've got a Lizzy, a George, but no Ralph.

Plant sound cool too.

I'm trying to figure out what else they could do that I'd actually want to spend money on though. I'm sure they'll surprise me somehow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From a classic movie monster standpoint, they're missing the 50ft. woman, the blob, plants/triffids, and undead. I would expect that one of those sources will be mined for wave 3 material.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which movie(s) feature super-sized undead?

Blobs could be pretty awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't say from a "super-sized" movie monster standpoint, and I can't really think of one in the movies, but the abominations from Warcraft, or the one zombie/liche from David Wellington's Monster Planet come to mind as possible examples. But really, if you make some necromancer the "leader" of the faction, you could justify zombified/skeletal versions of any Monpoc monster, ala UberCorp mecha versions. Who wouldn't want Zombie Zorog?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Barasona
United States
Snoqualmie
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, yes, I do love zombies... but no, I don't remember any ginormous zombies. It wouldn't be my first choice, but a zombie faction would be interesting.

I'm pulling for the plant and/or blob factions! Oh and pollution, can't forget monsters made from man's mistakes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
texaswashington wrote:
,,, Oh and pollution, can't forget monsters made from man's mistakes!

Toxic Avenger!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From one of the Team Covenant podcasts this week, it sounds like we're getting Dragons in the next wave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Scott
United States
Newbury Park
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dragons? That's silly and preposterous!!

What you think ther'es some kind of giant golden winged three headed cosmic dragon who's just going to show up from outer space and start blasting us with his mighty "Gravity rays" or something?

HA, next you'll be saying we should call him King...... Dragon or even .......Ghidora!

That could never happen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April Bowen
United States
Hephzibah
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Undead seem pretty plausible. Actually, with the blatant Chuthulu references I wouldn't be surprised if they pull each of Lovecraft's ideas: extra-dimensional dream monsters, mummies, vampires/ghouls, evil tree-goat things.

Also, don't forget giant killer rabbits (Night of the Lupus), triffids, Spiders (They aren't bugs, they're arachnids), Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, giant carnivorous worms, most of mythology, and 60 thousand flavors of aliens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.