brett Bolen
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game only goes through the 2nd session but the series is over. does anyone expect a final game where the players leave new caprica for earth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
It's pretty much a certainty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I suspect at least one big box expansion to cover the rest of the series. I can then see some small box expansions to cover specific story arcs not fully covered already - such as Razor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zenjoy
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The poor design of Pegasus suggests a third expansion is going to happen. While I can't think of any off the top of my head, there were comments implying another expansion was on its way AND would expand the effects of the expansion (I believe they have some special plans for the effects of Cylon Leaders).

That being said, the disappointment of Pegasus will leave many casual gamers hesitant on buying another expansion. With luck Corey and Fantasy Flight will make sure this expansion is balanced and not rushed to be printed too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Neuhaus
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In what way is Pegasus poorly designed? It has certainly revived BSG for my gaming group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't tend to use New Caprica when we play BSG. Theoretically, I like it -- I like that the game has an endgame -- but in practice, it just adds too much time.

Other than that, though, I think Pegasus is a great expansion. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zenjoy
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most reviews will say Pegasus broke the system or at least flame it in a few directions. This is just personal opinion (and you can read my review on here for the big picture - which had quite a long number of replies making it a notable debate) but this is what it did for me:

PRO
- Treachery Cards
- Plastic Basestars
- New Crisis Cards

CONS
- Pegasus Board (very OP locations - Cylons get nothing to balance it)
- Executions (removed MUCH secrecy which made the original great)
- Cylon Leaders (can be left alone - leaving that player removed)
- OP Admiral Cain (Adama and Saul are made quite redundant with her)
- New Caprica (nice but, as my friends say, its a mini game to be played once the humans have won the original game - i.e.: made the needed distance and made their final jump --> to New Caprica)

The next expansion will likely fix much of these (such as making Executions more penalizing - I don't believe anyone has had a game where the Humans have lost from not having enough character sheets available from mass executions --> suggesting the next expansion WILL kill characters off a lot faster). Just wait and lets see
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.