Thumb up
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Oh Four! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Gilutin
United States
flag msg tools
SoCal Gamesday 15 at Montrose- quite the trek.....ah, the things we do for gaming :-)
Heard it was going to be a bit 'tight' so I got there early.
Played Puerto Rico (finally!) with Myra, Rich and Josh.
Next was El Grande (same foursome). Josh was the only one with any experience and kicked our collective butts

Then Russell invited me to join Greg, Scott and him for some Industrial Waste. Russell knew I had just picked up a 'previously owned' copy and was anxious to learn the game.
As the new guy, I had nothing to compare it to but none of my opponents had ever played a game of IW anywhere near this long (must've been 2 1/2 hrs!).
We were within moments of the game ending when the "accident" card (I forget exactly what they called it) came up about 5 times in 5 minutes, completely raining on everyone's parade.
Before too long, we were all back near our starting positions...actually worse, considering the $10K markers we all owed to the bank.
Anyway, we had a lot of fun. Russell ended up smershing us.
Glad I own a copy.
I was then invited by MYo to join Bruce, Todd, and him for Magna Grecia.
Maybe it was because it was my fourth straight game without a break but I didn't feel comfortable with the game and have NOT A CLUE how I finished second (Bruce won.)
By this point, I had been gaming for nearly 10 hours and had a ride of undetermined duration awaiting me so I headed off down the hill.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.