Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
mbmbmbmbmb
Introduction

Hello to everyone who might happen to read this. My name is Raiko and I have a little session report here I want to write to you about. About the title - on the 18th of February I had 100 days left to serve my country in the army, so I decided to play a game every day and then write a session about them. You can read them all in the Geeklist Geeklist Project: 100 days left to serve in the army!. For my 29th game (my lucky number) I played Lord Of The Rings. This is fun players against the game type of the game, and I like those games a lot. Little closer about the game.

The Game

We played the game with 3 players: Raiko, Rivo and Priit. We had no more players because everyone had some stuff to do so, I had to play only with 3 players. I guess now, that it might been little harder with more players, but i'm not sure. For the first game I got myself Frodo and Rivo got Sam. Priit got the third one.
The first game ever for this game was little boring. We turned the tiles, did what they wanted, moved the action road and so on. We went after the scenario and wondered, is that it. Well, it wasn't. The final scenario killed me and Rivo quite fast actually. We had no cards to do what the event asked us to do, so we were out. Priit were left alone to destroy the ring by himself, but he wasn't able to do so, sonce on the square 57 he got killed as well. The Sauron eye never got even close in the first game, so we thought, whats the point of this guy here. Well, then came the second game.
I once again was Frodo, but Rivo and Priit traded up. So the second time started thinking. I guess with this game there is no thinking, just doing, because when we started thinking, we started losing and bad. Sauron moved so fast and Frodo (me) moved against him even faster. Somehow this game was so much harder. We did what we could but the bad guys got to us. Sauron took out me and Priit, left Rivo to stand alone into the third scenario. Rivo fought well, and kept that ring until on the square 46 he was killed also.
While we got our asses kicked, Martti joined the game with us. We thought, that this time we will win for sure. So we actually had some good tactics and team work. Used all those yellow cards when in trouble and who could used Gandalf cards as well. It went pretty good. That good game went until about to space 52 or 53 when things started to go bad once again. The event marker started moving after the tiles where turned and we did what we could. I was left alone and I was fighting bad. I struggled to 57 and I had cards and I had everything needed to win, but the next tile was sun clock, so it was just bad luck. All we heard was:" The ring is mine..!" and all I remember after that is darkness. I guess it changed me.
I promised myself that next time I will get to the volcano and desteroy the ring and needed.
So this was my 29th game in the series. That means, that only 71 more games to play. Til next time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.