Fort Meade
Maryland [MD]
flag msg tools
designer
www.inkshares.com/books/the-professional-corpse
badge
My Prepping to Publish Happy Dance
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking about organizing a Crimson Skies league around where I'm staying and was wondering if anyone else here had run one before.

I figure I'll have participants run six plane squadrons (three leads, three wings) using standard pilot creation (pilots get 450 pts, wings 350). Each Squadron starts with $60,000 to buy planes and ammo.

After each match, experience is awarded as dictated by the scenario. Players receive XP x 100 in cash to repair their planes, buy upgrades or newer planes, and replace dead pilots (with 350 point wings).

A squadron's score, which determines rank, is based on the total point value of all pilots, so at the start of the game, it's tied up at 2400 pts each (3 lead pilots at 450 each and 3 wings at 350 each). This score will go up and down each game depending on the outcome of the matches.

At the start of each match, the higher ranked player chooses the map (home field advantage since the less successful squadron will have to bring the fight to the big guys) and the lower ranked player chooses the scenario (they know they aren't as accomplished, so they won't strike until it suits their plans).

I don't have an end game yet. Maybe an eight match season, or do a rotation so that everyone plays everyone once (or twice). Perhaps the winner is whoever can stay first rank for three or five consecutive matches.

Comments, ideas, and suggestions are welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Conn
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
You are not brought upon this world to get it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A round robin system would work well in this case. Everyone would play each other, but there would be an overall point total in play as well. After everyone has played the league, then you're done. What are you thinking of in the way of prizes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man Unmasked
United States
Fort Meade
Maryland [MD]
flag msg tools
designer
www.inkshares.com/books/the-professional-corpse
badge
My Prepping to Publish Happy Dance
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely no idea... Bragging rights? A squadron pack or two. Hadn't really thought about that.

My wife and I recently won an auction on e-bay for every word of published Crimson Skies material (fasa wise) including a bunch of pewter minis, so we're providing everything for the players. The prize should probably be some Crimson Skies gear, like minis or something... Maybe a squadron pack or two of the wizkids stuff. Fits well enough on the hexmaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.