Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gunter D'HOOGH
Belgium
WESPELAAR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I are great soccer fans (football to us, Europeans) AND gaming fanatics. Because we always play with the same people on our weekly gaming nights we absolutely know that none of them like sports games. So our BIG question is, are there any (official) rules to play this game by two people?

Thanks,

Günter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunter D'HOOGH
Belgium
WESPELAAR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be clear, I really like to know where I can find two player rules. Can someone amongst you football fans give a link to such rules?

Thanks in advance!

Günter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunter D'HOOGH
Belgium
WESPELAAR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yvesvanherp wrote:
To be clear, I really like to know where I can find two player rules. Can someone amongst you football fans give a link to such rules?

Tahnks in advance!

Günter

Or has someone some "house rules"?

Thanks again,

Günter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Price

South Brisbane
QLD, Australia
msg tools
mb
I play enjoyable two player games using the 1930 World Cup. We each draw one country from each group and leave the other teams as neutrals.

It takes about 60 minutes to play this way, but with only one team in each group to worry about you can focus appropriately. There are multiple paths for fun. If you get a good team in an easy group, you save your good cards trying to get your worst team out of the hard group.

Game play tends to flow from all of your attention being played against your opponent in each group while the neutral teams are left mostly empty until the end. It is rare for the neutral teams to win a group (which is probably more fun for the two players anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Monterroso
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
If you are not having fun, then you are missing the point.
mbmbmbmbmb
yvesvanherp wrote:
My wife and I are great soccer fans (football to us, Europeans) AND gaming fanatics. Because we always play with the same people on our weekly gaming nights we absolutely know that none of them like sports games. So our BIG question is, are there any (official) rules to play this game by two people?

I can't help you with 2-player rules. But I must say this: Do NOT discount playing this game with non-sports fans. This is a fun game, playable even with non-sports fans. Remember - people play games with all sorts of themes. If this was a game of battling civilizations, would they play? If it was merchants in the middle ages?

Your friends might surprise you and play the game. They might even enjoy it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunter D'HOOGH
Belgium
WESPELAAR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, gentlemen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.