Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence Lopez
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you add hero quests when using Call to Arms? Just throw them in for fun or is there a recommended method?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I do have the Heroes expansion, I haven't really delved into it yet - and I suspect with the Goblin and presumably Dwarf armies on the horizon, it will be some time before I get into the rpg-ish nature of the game that Heroes introduces.

All that said, I belive you've got it. I'm hoping that FFG does develop the Heroes angles of the game, but for now with CtA, just adding the Heroes as another layer is the "official" way to go. Have them take up a War Council level and deploy them same as one would in other adventures where there isn't a pre-designated position for them - on any hex occupied by a friendly troop of compatible movement status.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven O'Shea
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When we play we usually put a witch's hut in each players deployment area and a graveyard out in the middle of the field.

Just to clarify as well, you don't need to have your hero take up a War Council level. . . you just have to have a lore master (or commander) on your council to field your hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My mistake - I was blending the "joined the war council" rules with the on board Hero rules - I had thought it a "costs one level, but adds one level" for a net gain of zero kind of affair. It is after the Hero has retired from combat and moved on to the War Council that it takes its place on the war council sheet in the guest spot. Though instead of taking up a level of the war council, it adds a level to the corresponding lore master (so only costs 2 levels to field a level 3 wizard if one has moved a wizard hero onto the council, for example). Everyone who plays Heroes probably already knew this, but good for me to get on board

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.