Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Meant to post this a couple of weeks ago.

There are some significant changes coming to Victory Point Games. The hobbyist ethic is being supplanted with a more normal business structure. Basically, the place will be run like a business rather than a hobbyist labor-of-love collective. Change is coming. Sure, nothing ever remains the same. But, one wonders if the games will remain the same. Their love of games and gaming and gamers that infused all their efforts, will it persist? I really hope so. As one gamer remarked recently, they are the Avalon Hill of the 21st century. For us old-timers, that really means something.

http://victorypointgames.com/articleDetail.php?article_ID=74...

I'm sure Alan's wife will probably be pleased with the change. Alan has been the heart and soul of the place. But, I'm sure the effort the past few years has been incredible. Hopefully, a special role will remain for him at VPG. I can't imagine the place without him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder too if games will remain the same...

They announced the changes as a good thing, but I have a strange

feeling.

I hope that it doesn´t become being a sausages factory.

There is something special in this company and it has a name: Alan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Steady on, lads. You'll not be seeing any changes that you'd notice for some time down the road, if at all. It's still a hobby-business for us.

Please, let's stop any "the sky is falling" stuff right here and now. We're just at a point where we need someone to watch the books, make sure the cashflow keeps us solvent, helps us find equipment, maybe some office space down the road, that sort of thing.

We still plan on making quality crafted small games and not, I repeat, NOT competing with the big boys. We're not they're competition; we know our niche. Remember, this company is only possible because the people working here and helping out are having fun. We have an outlet for our game making passion that is educational and a joy, and we're sticking with that formula.

But somebody needs to watch VPG's "business backside" as the company continues to eek out some small growth spurts, and while I've done that several times before, and have for this company up till now, I'd rather someone else do that who enjoys it more. I want to teach and develop games...

Fair enough?

So, honestly, you guys probably won't notice a thing. Keep looking for entertainment-packed, polished innovative little games from us.

Best,

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You´re very friendly to answer our worries so fast and corteous. And

it makes me think that things are not changing in your company.

Wish you and your company the best too.

Ep, but don´t forget we´re here watching your "business

frontside". goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.