Popular Tags: [View All]
Fa
Italy
Torino
flag msg tools
badge
Forza Vecchio Cuore Granata!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, tonight we played Dominion (Base&Intrigue), 3 in a row.
In a game with saboteur, a player had his Deck empty, because he was waiting to play his turn. On the turn of the player at his right, this guy played a Saboteur. Had this card to affect the player with empty deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually, yes. If you're ever supposed to draw a card or reveal one from the top of your deck, but your deck is empty, you immediately reshuffle and draw the next card. The only way around this is if your entire deck is in your hand or is sitting on the table because you're in the middle of taking a turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fa
Italy
Torino
flag msg tools
badge
Forza Vecchio Cuore Granata!
mbmbmbmbmb
In our case the player had five cards in hands, waiting to play his turn. All his other cards were in the discard pile. So he had to reshuffle? We played the wrong way.

And what about this case:
My deck has only 2 more cards (then there's my discard pile).
I reveal those 2 card, all are worthing less then 3. I have to reshuffle or the saboteur effect ends?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
In any case where you need to retrieve cards from your deck for any reason and your deck is out of cards, you reshuffle your discard pile to form a new deck. An effect only disappears without resolving properly if it goes through your entire deck and discard pile without fully resolving (such as a Saboteur going through your entire deck and discard pile without finding a single 3+ card, or a Thief being played when all but one card is in your hand).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
supertopix wrote:
In our case the player had five cards in hands, waiting to play his turn. All his other cards were in the discard pile. So he had to reshuffle? We played the wrong way.

I reveal those 2 card, all are worthing less then 3. I have to reshuffle or the saboteur effect ends?

You shuffle your discard pile to create a new deck, leaving out the cards you already revealed. You then reveal cards until you reveal a card that is worth at least 3 or until you have no more cards to reveal. After that, you discard the cards you revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
supertopix wrote:
That case is no different. Every time you have to reveal a card for the Saboteur, if your deck is empty, you shuffle your discard pile to make a new deck. This is the same rule for everything that involves you revealing a card, drawing a card, or peeking at a card from your deck. Spy, Thief, etc. all work the same way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.