Scott Ames
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Treasure - Curse
Cost:0
Value: 1 coin
Any time this card is used to make a purchase, put it on top of your deck rather than into your discard pile.

A different kind of curse card.

Let me know what you think.
---------------------------
Due to feedback so far, (Thank you!) I've made couple changes:

Bad Penny
Treasure - Curse
Value:1 Coin
-1VP
If you do not use this card to make a purchase, put it on top of your deck rather than in your discard pile. You may only use two Bad Pennies per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Are you allowing people to take it when cards like Witch distribute Curses? If so, why would I ever want to take a real Curse over this when this provides more options and doesn't drain VP? The only reason I can think of is that this blocks Adventurer. And if not, why is it a Curse?

Also, five of these guarantee a Duchy every turn. That plus Duke produces a deck that is simultaneously very powerful and very boring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Short
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really hoping for:

Treasure
Cost: 0
-1 VP
Any time this card is used to make a purchase, put it on top of the deck of the player on your left.

I know your idea fits better with the name, but I just liked the idea of this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
bsushort wrote:
I was really hoping for:

Treasure
-1 VP
Any time this card is used to make a purchase, put it on top of the deck of the player on your left.

I know your idea fits better with the name, but I just liked the idea of this one.

Ew, I don't like this at all. This just leads to everyone's deck being slowed down equally and an ultimate effect on VP that is essentially completely random. I can't see that producing any interesting decisions or making the game more interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ames
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
bsushort wrote:
I was really hoping for:

Treasure
-1 VP

Actually, I decided I wanted it to have a -1 VP as well. but it will still go to the top of your deck. Your idea is interesting though and I'd like it without the -1 VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ames
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
salty53 wrote:
Are you allowing people to take it when cards like Witch distribute Curses? If so, why would I ever want to take a real Curse over this when this provides more options and doesn't drain VP? The only reason I can think of is that this blocks Adventurer. And if not, why is it a Curse?

Also, five of these guarantee a Duchy every turn. That plus Duke produces a deck that is simultaneously very powerful and very boring.

I decided that it does need the -1VP.

I would allow the player who gains the curse to choose it.
This may not be correct...

You make a good point about 5 of these guaranteeing a Duchy every turn. Perhaps I should turn the card around as follows:

Bad Penny
Treasure - Curse
-1VP
If you do not use this card to make a purchase, put it on top of your deck rather than in your discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Metzger
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just make it a game variant and turn all the curses into $1 treasure?

That's the suggestion I made for "Chainmaster/The World Arena"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
txras wrote:

You make a good point about 5 of these guaranteeing a Duchy every turn. Perhaps I should turn the card around as follows:

Bad Penny
Treasure - Curse
-1VP
If you do not use this card to make a purchase, put it on top of your deck rather than in your discard pile.

Considering there is never any reason one would be unable to play this in the Buy Phase, this is Copper with an extra option tacked on, albeit with a 1 VP cost. As with the original version, I can't see why anyone would choose to take a real Curse over this, the Adventurer case notwithstanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwommy the Purple
United States
Portland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
salty53 wrote:
txras wrote:

Bad Penny
Treasure - Curse
-1VP

Considering there is never any reason one would be unable to play this in the Buy Phase, this is Copper with an extra option tacked on, albeit with a 1 VP cost. As with the original version, I can't see why anyone would choose to take a real Curse over this, the Adventurer case notwithstanding.

So am I to guess that when a curse is handed out that each player may choose to take a normal curse or this treasure-curse card?

I'd suggest that if you spend all of the coins you get during your turn that you may then put this card into the hand of the player to your right instead of discarding it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ames
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
salty53 wrote:
txras wrote:

Bad Penny
Treasure - Curse
-1VP

Maybe it should have a -2VP?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ames
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I made another change:

Bad Penny
Treasure - Curse
-1VP
If you do not use this card to make a purchase, put it on top of your deck rather than in your discard pile. You may only use two Bad Pennies per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.