Subject: The Great Wall of China Expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the new Alea Treasure Chest "Great Wall of China" expansion for ItYotD, but after pondering the rules, I was wondering how it is supposed to play 2-player? For the Wall to conceivably reach the end of the event line, one of the players would have to build a chunk every turn. I understand both players could actually build a segment on any given turn by selecting the same 'Wall' action, but in all likelihood with the other events to consider, I just can't see the Wall ever being built to completion or to reach a Mongol event in 2-player...

Is this really supposed to be an expansion for 3-5 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had the same issues with the three player game so we just don't play with that expansion with less than four players. As you said, with fewer players, it's more and more difficult for the wall to reach the target.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if there is a way to make the Wall expansion more viable when there are less players, e.g. 2?

For instance, what if when a player builds a piece of Wall they then place a piece from a non-player colour? This way, the Wall could actually be built by a single player in a 2-player game.

Not sure if this would work or even be applicable for 3-player...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There doesn't seem to many people who've played with this expansion! D'oh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a two player game, a house rule we used and worked alright, was at the end of the game you get 1 VP for each section of the wall you built. That way there is an additional incentive to build it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.