Phantom Leader» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Any reason not to take the EB-66 on every mission? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fivepast
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up my copy today and had a flick through the rules. One thing I can't figure out is the EB-66 - it doesn't take up a slot and there doesn't seem to be any disadvantage in taking it on every mission. Other than the stress level of the pilot, or having the aircraft destroyed, is there any reason not to take it every time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Severs
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you use the priority tanker, its an extra plane so may use up valuable SO points
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Fivepast wrote:
I just picked up my copy today and had a flick through the rules. One thing I can't figure out is the EB-66 - it doesn't take up a slot and there doesn't seem to be any disadvantage in taking it on every mission. Other than the stress level of the pilot, or having the aircraft destroyed, is there any reason not to take it every time?

Stress will be the main reason it stays home. Sometimes I won't use it if I think I won't need it and want to leave it fresh for the next mission. I find it flies roughly half the missions.

Of course, you might not have it in your squadron at all. It's not a free pick for the squadron! It just doesn't count against the mission limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman J
United Kingdom
Thurso
Caithness
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the EB-66 and Electric Intruder losing they abilitys (-1 to rolls and canceling the events)when they unfit on mission?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fivepast
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Olvenskol wrote:
Of course, you might not have it in your squadron at all.

Ah, true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Ng
United States
Dayton
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Disadvantage is that you will lose one combat capable card if you choose to include the EB in your squadron. It affect campaign performance more than mission. But the idea is that the EB will prevent you from losing too many pilots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomb 01
msg tools
the intruder does not have a chance of cancelling event cards i think

this ability is only mentioned for the EB66

the intruder can carry weapons however. and i think it DOES count in the mission aircraft selected the EB66, clearly states it does not count for the mission numbers.

it would seem they are two different aircraft with two distinct characteristics

my tu'pence worth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.