Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the 'add boardgame' page I don't see a way to enter a new author. on the other hand the 'add person' page seems designed for something else - I need to enter a description of the person providing source for the description. the only description would be 'author of game xxx', but I don't have a wikipedia link backing that up.

what is the current procedure when I want to add a new boardgame by a new author?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
You can add both, noting the connection between game and person in the field for the admin.

My impression is that most person entries have a blank description, because often this information is unavailable. I would advise avoiding redundant information, like "author of game xxx".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
how can I add both? not in the same page? the 'add person' page makes the description mandatory, and requires to provide a source for the description. I can add a description 'author of xxx' and provide a boardgame shop link to the game as the source, but that does seem silly which made me start this thread - it seems there must be another way to add authors that I am not seeing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
bazik123 wrote:
the 'add person' page makes the description mandatory, and requires to provide a source for the description.

My apologies -- I overlooked this recent change.

@GeekDo: Requiring a description for a person record is not practical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got an answer from skelebone:

skelebone wrote:
You can add a new person at Misc --> Add Person. As for the description, it is required, but it need not be in-depth. In fact, whenever I create persons for the database, I typically add "Game Designer" as the description. The language under the description box is used from other parts of the site and doesn't apply as well to game designer submissions.

Also. in the person submission, you can link the person directly to games in the database that he or she has designed or illustrated, which makes the approval process go much more smoothly.

Thanks,

Scott A. Reed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
skelebone wrote:
whenever I create persons for the database, I typically add "Game Designer" as the description.

A game credit, required for admin approval, includes the same information in a query-able format. It would be better to make the description optional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.