Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Has "Dora the Explorer" jumped the shark? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
Been seeing ads the last few days for an hour-long special tonight (Sunday) where Swiper wants to help. Apparently he's been taking care of a baby fox -- he's got bottles, the baby carrier, the whole works -- and the fox gets lost. Swiper and Dora team up to find the lost baby fox.

So, has Dora jumped the shark?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
si.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, it's all part of a long running story arc where Swiper gulls Dora into thinking he's going all green and gushy. Then when she's totally snowed by the little traitor he's going to get some poachers to capture her and sell her on the open market... then he'll make use of her backpack and map and all to rule the world.

It's deviously clever and I'm really stoked for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiscus
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do YOU see the baby fox? Well, DO YOU?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't she have to jump some sharks to cross that lake?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
Tazwell wrote:
To make it more interesting, why not a more mature charactor, such as 'Dora The Bi-Curious Explorer?' surprise

RSP in 3... 2... 1...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tazwell wrote:
To make it more interesting, why not a more mature charactor, such as 'Dora The Bi-Curious Explorer?' surprise
I'm afraid Curious George covered that first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
We were watching our "Phineas & Ferb" DVDs Sunday evening, and almost forgot the Dora show. (My kids outgrew Dora several years ago, just about the time they introduced her cousin Diego.) We switched over and caught the last half.

Apparently Swiper had found this lost kit (baby fox) and was taking care of it until he could find its parents -- who appeared to just hang around the den and call for their baby instead of going out to look for it. How that kit made it all the way through the Forest of Stickers and Thorns and past the Volcano all by itself we'll never know. Must have taken hours, and why weren't the parents out searching already? Maybe they just wanted some time to themselves.

(And how come the Map always knows where every last animal baby lives within a 50-mile radius? Does he go around between shows and peek in the windows? Is he really a stalker?)

Anyway, the baby fox got safely back to his inattentive parents, and everything turned out OK, with lots of hugs and "thank yous", some even for Swiper. I'm afraid Swiper is going the route of the Hamburglar -- once he turned good, the McDonald's commercials lost the tension of good vs. evil, and there was no longer an antagonist. But my 10-year-old daughter summed the show up this way:

"If Swiper isn't evil, then it's not really the Dora show."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Dora is so yesterday, it's all about Ni Hao Kai Lan now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
si.

Louder! LOUDER!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bela's dead and Vampira won't talk
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
Dora is so yesterday, it's all about Ni Hao Kai Lan now...

I can't believe someone beat me to a Kai-lan reference. Now I'm soblue, and doubt I can ever be consoled.

What's that, Kai-lan? You're saying I can still be your friend and make your day super special, even though I'm late to the party? Thanks for being right there when I needed help!

Meanwhile, Dora was probably off jumping sharks with her (non-Chinese, non-snow) monkey friend. Where were you when the chips were on the table, Dora? Where were you‽

Ni hao, Kai-lan! Xie xie!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.