Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Clensy
United States
Glenbrook
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you continue with the race if less than three horses have crossed the finish line when the Running Strength boxes have all bee used?

We decided to continue by using the last Running Strength number again.

But it did seem that you might just end the race right there and use the horses closest to the finish to decide the top three.

This has happened a few times, but I can not find it adressed in the 3M rules, nor do I think I am missing any other rules.

Do thers have this problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dennis
United States
Covington
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me, but I'm almost certain it says you keep using the last value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lavoie
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is exactly right: you continue to use the last number each turn until the race is over. This is specifically mentioned in the rules for the Avalon Hill edition of this fine game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Clensy
United States
Glenbrook
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick replies. This makes sense as it reward horses with stronger class.

I do not see this anywhere in the 3M rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say you start with the first movement again, but then I don't have the rules in front of me and I could be thinking of the way you do it in http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1869/jagersro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Clensy
United States
Glenbrook
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think this would be correct because then the advantage goes back to horses who rate well in SPEED. This does not seem right to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Fat Tony
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 3M game addresses this issue in the 1970 copyright rules. Repeat the last Running Srength number until the race ends. The Daily Double odds chart was changed in 1970.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Laird
United States
Kankakee
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
thejadeape wrote:
Thanks for the quick replies. This makes sense as it reward horses with stronger class.

I do not see this anywhere in the 3M rules.

its in the 3M rules as well, can't remember the page off the top of my head but we had that come up last night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.