Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everytime I try and view the Main Page now, I find myself looking at the Front Page for non-members.

I can be logged in, click on the BBG logo in the upper left and then immediately get dumped out and have to re-log in again. No matter what I do, I cannot view the logged in version of the Main Page (where my preferences for the order and # of postings in each forum are stored).

HELP!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Enable cookies for BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemme guess. Firefox.

Ever since we switched our home computer (desktop--Windows Media XP) from IE to that Foxfirethingie, I have had this problem every single time. I can stay logged on for a few minutes or for a few seconds and then--poof--I'm off again and have to sign in again.

I'm not about to clear all my cache and history and lose all that info that I could never retrieve again (e.g. will I lose my autopassword for some sites? not willing to chance it). If that would even help.

No problems when I switched my laptop (Windows 2000) from IE to Chrome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used Firefox since before 1.5 and have never had a login problem with BGG.

Right Click on a BGG page. Show Page Info. Permissions tab. Make sure Set Cookies is set to Allow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed the same thing using IE, but it seems to be more of an issue with the page not refreshing than the site forcing a logout.

Hitting the refresh button always "fixes" it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:
Enable cookies for BGG.

Cookies are (were) enabled. The problem seems to have corrected itself after several hours. I did nothing - not even a restart of IE, but it is working now. Thanks for the repleis!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.