Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
In order to understand the land tile adjacency requirement better, I have called out the ongoing Income from each of the Land tiles in the game:

"A" Epoch has 10 Land tiles (out of 15 tiles):
3x Food
2x Food + 1x Wood
1x Food + 2x Wood
1x Food + 2x Wood
2x Wood
3x Wood
1x Wood + 1x Stone
1x Wood + 1x Stone
1x Stone
3x Stone

"B" Epoch has 7 Land tiles (out of 15 tiles):
3x Food
2x Food + 1x Wood
1x Wood
2x Wood
1x Wood + 1x Stone
1x Stone
3x Stone

"C" Epoch has 3 Land tiles (out of 10 tiles):
2x Wood
1x Wood + 1x Stone
2x Stone

I would argue that grabbing one of the two 1x Wood + 1x Stone land tiles in the "A" epoch is probably pretty critical. (And between those 2 critical tiles, the cost 4 tile is obviously better than the cost 3 tile.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that of the B round tiles, 5 have food, 5 have wood, and 5 have stone, I don't see the urgency of getting one of the wood/stone tiles in A.

Based on my first few games, I'm leaning toward grabbing food tiles whenever possible. But there are reasons to focus on just stone or wood (to get more luxury goods), or to spread yourself out. Buildings can contribute to your resource income, and of course one of them will let you build any land any time.

In other words, it all looks pretty balanced to me. I don't see any one course that is clearly better than any other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was posting with regard to "adjacency" requirement. Since, as you pointed out, the majority of "B" tiles have wood or stone, it would be good to have the wood + stone "A" tile for the pre-req.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.