Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Schmidt

Ashburn
Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those looking for background surfaces for miniature gaming, JoAnn Fabrics is selling 72" wide felt for $2.49 a yard.

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?CATID=c...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fitzpatrick
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been meaning to grab some felt and some clips for turning my dining room table into a better temporary gaming table (no more digging at the cards and chit edges, etc.)

What color do you think would be the best for general use? I lean towards black but maybe when I actually put the black down I'll be annoyed at how every crumb/piece of lint/stray hair shows on it the way dirt shows on a black car. Green seems too "look at the giant poker table!".

What do you guys think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can find it in the right shade light tan felt looks great and doesn't have the contrast problems darker colors have. Usually looks better when it's fabric and not felt, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fitzpatrick
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gertbert wrote:
If you can find it in the right shade light tan felt looks great and doesn't have the contrast problems darker colors have. Usually looks better when it's fabric and not felt, however.

Hmmm that's not a bad idea. The table itself has a fairly light surface so perhaps matching the felt to the shade of the wood would make for an nice look.

Or maybe I'll go crazy and get day-glo orange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
But I don't really know what "velveteen" is.
Velveteen is a cotton cloth made in imitation of velvet. The term is sometimes applied to a mixture of silk and cotton. Some velveteens are a kind of fustian, having a rib of velvet pile alternating with a plain depression. The velveteen trade varies a good deal with the fashions that control the production of velvet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Mittelstedt
United States
Hampstead
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I was JUST thinking about going out and getting some fabric to cover my gaming table. Let's see, blue for water-based games, green for land, tan for desert...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Usta Playalot
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You know WAY too much about velveteen, my friend....

(not exactly sure what that means, though)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
aerhead wrote:
You know WAY too much about velveteen, my friend....

(not exactly sure what that means, though)
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.